Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I feel angry whenever I hear someone has had the sv*?

Does any other emetophobic feel this way too? Or is it just me?

I feel incredibly selfish for being angry at someone who has it, and I dislike myself because of it. I think it's because it can be prevented and I just think 'Well since it can be prevented, then you should have been more careful!' etc. If it's v* caused by drinking or travel then I'm fine, because I know it's not contagious, but with this sv*... Nope. UGH, I just wish this sv* didn't even exist, my anxiety wouldn't be as bad, nor will my emetophobia.

Anyways, can anyone relate? Or am I just immature and crazy?...

Default Re: I feel angry whenever I hear someone has had the sv*?

I can kind of relate. I don't think I necessarily get mad at people for having the sv* though, I think I get mad at the people that don't take proper precautions when they have it and stuff. My thing is more, okay you had it, I know you have to come back to work/school sometime, but please keep your distance from me. My biggest problem is the people that go out when they are CURRENTLY s*. I know the world doesn't stop, but going out unless positively absolutely necessary I don't understand. You already feel s*, why make it worse. I could never make myself go out when I already felt bad. That's just torture.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

I really can relate to this, because I can`t help feeling that people who catch svs did so because they were careless with hygiene, but of course it could be down to someone else giving it to them through carelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyAsh View Post
    I can kind of relate. I don't think I necessarily get mad at people for having the sv* though, I think I get mad at the people that don't take proper precautions when they have it and stuff. My thing is more, okay you had it, I know you have to come back to work/school sometime, but please keep your distance from me. My biggest problem is the people that go out when they are CURRENTLY s*. I know the world doesn't stop, but going out unless positively absolutely necessary I don't understand. You already feel s*, why make it worse. I could never make myself go out when I already felt bad. That's just torture.
    Thank you for the reply!

I think exactly the same you do. I just don't understand it either.. I don't know how people can work when they're ill with this sv*, as they'll just be off to the loo every 10 minutes or so with d* anyway, not to mention how weak you can feel while you have this. Problem is, people don't get paid for not going into work, so they have to go in. Luckily, I don't work, but if I did, I'd tell whoever had the virus politely to keep well away from me and to keep clean to avoid spreading the virus even more. Whenever I get ill with a cold, I practically isolate myself from the rest of my family, especially my Mum, who gets colds really bad. And they have never ever caught it off me. I make sure I keep very clean when I'm ill to avoid spreading it any further, and literally NO ONE has ever caught any cold off me because of this. You see? It's not that hard!

When I have really high anxiety or someone around me is sick....sometimes I go from being really scared to really really mad at this whole situation and can be mean to whoever it is that is sick. I think it's because in those highly stressful situations the only thing that can help me feel less scared is just being angry at sickness. I can't become calm, I'm already sad and scared...the only thing left I anger. Anger is a second emotion. So my fear causes anger....if that makes sense.

Yes, that definitely makes sense! I do notice I tend to get angry after being really scared of something like this.

Cheymcg, I feel the same way-- anger is definitely a secondary emotion to fear, and I honestly feel that I cannot handle the fear sometimes! Anger is somewhat easier, maybe? more in control than fear (at least in my mind at the time). I went through a period in my life when I was pretty wild, so to speak, and during that time, my phobia was much less than it is now-- I was super angry & full of rage--but not as fearful. It's like they are interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Yeah, but when someone v... in public they are forgiven for the most part. When someone has d... in public they think the person is a baby who needs a diaper. Imagine if Beiber would have s... his pants instead of v... on stage............. I do not know how many times I have barely gotten home in time for d.....

I have wondered about this. Normal people would think I was crazy. Emets might understand. Did Jesus ever v....? If he was supposed to be a perfect human, then did he get sick? Did he heal himself? Did he ever get d......? Maybe I should go commit myself to the local psych ward. LOL
    lol your reply made me laugh.. Certainly does make the mind wonder!

What happens to me:
    First, I'm angry because the person was weak and/or stupid enough to catch the sv*.
    Second, I'm angry because I might catch the sv* from them, which leads to...
    Third, I'm panicking because I might have caught a sv* and I might v* from it. After the crisis is over, I go to...
    Fourth, I can't believe I was so angry about something that didn't happen! And if that happened, go to...
    Fifth, pity of myself. I can't believe I v*!

I hope everyone understands my mind and don't laugh because you think it's stupid. Only laugh if you feel the same way, or I'll be...
    Mad because you didn't understand my post.

This is a nice thread and I really enjoyed the talk about Jesus and Bieber getting d* on public. The first made me wonder and the second made me laugh.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cynna, ahaha, your post got me rolling. I don't think people tend to think things over like that but I imagine people had diarrhea a lot back in the days because the food was different and perhaps they ate more fruit??

I don't always get angry at a person for having an illness, as I care so much but I admit when it was going around work and I saw people going in and out of the restroom without washing their hands and touching everything, eating, etc...that made me mad. It could be prevented but the fact people don't seem to care is what makes me upset. Especially if they work with children who are vulnerable and more naive about the importance of hand washing. Like all my friends got it, kids included...and she just laughed and called me a germaphobe when I suggest she clean her bathroom after her husband got sick in it. That makes me mad aha.
    Life is so worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bellini View Post
    What happens to me:
    First, I'm angry because the person was weak and/or stupid enough to catch the sv*.
    Second, I'm angry because I might catch the sv* from them, which leads to...
    Third, I'm panicking because I might have caught a sv* and I might v* from it. After the crisis is over, I go to...
    Fourth, I can't believe I was so angry about something that didn't happen! And if that happened, go to...
    Fifth, pity of myself. I can't believe I v*!

I hope everyone understands my mind and don't laugh because you think it's stupid. Only laugh if you feel the same way, or I'll be...
    Mad because you didn't understand my post.

This is a nice thread and I really enjoyed the talk about Jesus and Bieber getting d* on public. The first made me wonder and the second made me laugh.
    Nope, I don't think it's stupid at all as I think the EXACT same way! I could have wrote that post myself, but I was waiting for someone else to post it. But yes, the fact that quite a lot of people don't care makes me mad more than anything else.