Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Noro going round, any tips?

School's sent out a letter saying that the norovirus is going round at school...just what I wanted to hear in the morning! I'm not feeling too panicky but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips of how to avoid it in general? I was really really nervous at school today-and it's so near the holidays! Please help!
    Naomi xx

Default Re: Noro going round, any tips?

Good hand hygiene is your safest bet, wash hands regularly throughout the day,don't put your fingers in your mouth or near your nose or eyes,wash hands before eating too!

Default Re: Noro going round, any tips?

Handwashing (with soap for 1 min then rinse for 10 seconds), not putting your hands in your mouth or on your face unless they're clean, not eating food touched by someone with unclean hands (usually I'll accept stuff and put it aside saying I'll eat it later so as not to offend people..), and wash hands when getting home and be careful about cross contamination (cell phones are terrible for that, since people touch them with dirty hands then use them at home after washing their hands.. not good. Better to wipe them with an alcohol pad once in a while).