Hi all,

I've been at my boyfriend's house since Friday afternoon. On Sunday afternoon, I stopped by my house to pick up some things and my roommate said she wasn't feeling well and thought she might be catching a cold (she has a weak immune system so she's always sick with something or other). We were in the kitchen together and she was talking to me but we didn't touch each other or anything. I was washing a dish and shut off the water faucet (that's about the only point that I might have touched something she did). Today she sends me an email at work asking if I can pick up soda crackers and gatorade because she thinks she has a stomach virus. I grilled her and she said she didn't have a fever, that it started suddenly in the morning (she had d* every 20-30 minutes) and that she felt like throwing up a couple of times, but never did. She also said she had eaten a few spoonfuls of rice and some crackers and it hadn't come up again. She also feels like she has a cold at the same time. I wondered if maybe she ate something that went down the wrong way (food poisoning) on top of a cold...who knows?

So I picked up the gatorade and crackers, came into the house, put it on the dining room table and went into my room and shut the door. I packed up a suitcase of stuff and waited for my boyfriend to come pick me up so I could stay at his place for the duration of her condition. I have a few questions:

1) How likely is it that I caught it? (given, I was at the house on Sunday for 2 hours but she hadn't started feeling the stomach symptoms til today--even though she didn't feel great. I was also there today)

2) When is it safe to return home?

3) How do I clean effectively when I get home? What are suggestions on things I should most clean?

Thanks!