Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Peppermint Oil

Default Peppermint Oil

I don't know if any of you have ever tried this, so I thought I'd share with you just in case!
    Shortly after I started to experience emetophobia, my mom brought me to an essential oils party. Peppermint tea is suggested for tummyaches often, but I'm not big on tea. The oil, though, really seems to help me. Whenever I start feeling n* come on, or fear that I'll be catching sv*, I have it on hand. Just rubbing it in on my tummy has a soothing effect on me.

Sea-Bands tend to help too.

Default Re: Peppermint Oil

Well, that's great if it helps. Personally I drink mint tea because that way the active ingredients actually get ingested and work on the body in that case, but if the aromatherapy works for you then all the better!

At some point, I really should give tea a try again. Maybe I'll get lucky and my taste buds will have changed a bit since I was younger! The oil does help me quite a bit. Also, I've noticed that sucking peppermint candies or chewing mint gum sometimes works to calm it a little (ingesting it a bit with those two). But once n* hits me, all bets are off when it comes to me actually eating or drinking something!

lol you ought to try, yes, I didn't like herbal tea at all when I was a kid but now I have over a dozen different mixes at home. There are several things that help with nausea and stomach upset, such as fennel, mint (most types), ginger, licorice. I know it's difficult to eat or drink when the nausea is bad, but when it's just beginning to be an off stomach these will usually help. Especially the ginger, it's one of the few things I will drink when feeling ill because I know it usually helps me feel better.

I smell peppermint oil whenever I feel really s* and it works like a charm even in the worse of times.

i took peppermint oil capsules and they are horrid, i got bad stomach pains from them.

Tea is my favorite! I drink it all the time!

That oil sounds nice, I will have to try that as well sometime. Thank you.

I like tea..but I love to use peppermint essential oil for nausea. I dab a little bit of it right under my nose as needed..it works really, really well for me.

I've never tried dabbing it under my nose, I should!

As far as capsules go...I've never taken them. I do know, though, that one of my mom's friends tried putting the oil on her tongue once and it almost made her v* right then and there!

Weird thing I read about a few years back, seems that the smell of green apples can help stop a migraine. Haven't really had the chance to try it, but it's supposed to ease the nausea and pain.

I haven't tried to peppermint oil, but now I definitely will. Ingesting minty things gives me bad heartburn, which then makes me more n*, so it would be nice to get the benefits of peppermint without having to consume it. Thanks for the tip!

Peppermint Oil capsules are also really good for IBS pain and cramps, though it can cause a little heartburn and make pooing a little burny when it comes out if you are sensitive down there, but I've never had any pain like that.

Peppermint oil is fabulous! I have also been trying at night (when I inevitably start feeling anxious) boiling a pot of water on the stove and adding several drops of lavendar essential oil. It smells so calming to me! I drink peppermint or chamomile tea nearly every night, especially when it's cold . But mints & gum are better for me when I'm nauseous. For some reason, I can't stand anything hot when I'm nauseous or panicky--like even my shirt touching my stomach makes me feel worse! My best friend says I'm going to get an indecent exposure charge if I keep tucking my shirt in my bra when I panic .

I LOVE peppermint oil and tea. I drink a cup of tea almost every night after dinner (aids with digestion) or anytime my stomach is off. I also put a bit on my head if I have a headache. Perfect for that too. Just be careful you get too much and it gets in your eyes and it burns pretty bad. Works better then other stuff for me. Awesome awesome stuff!!