Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has this happened to anyone?

I haven't actually v* for about 5 years (I'm 16 now), however I'm pretty sure that I've had the sv a few times since then. (Feeling sick for about 24-48 hours) and during these times I have actually gotten the urge to v* and I've gone to the bathroom a few times and dry h******, but that's it. So, I was just wondering, If you have the sv, is it possible to force yourself not to v*? Because I think that might be what I've been doing.

These bouts of illness were also accompanied by d*.
    Last edited by Spenser; 05-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Default Re: Has this happened to anyone?

That sounds really similar to me-I'm nearly 16 and have not v*d in 8 years, but I've had at least one bout of an sv*. It was bad d*, and my Dad had the same thing and v*d with it, and even though I felt like I was going to I never did. I tried really hard not to by tensing my stomach really really hard (it's just habit now) and didn't...even though all my symptoms suggest I might have done.

I don't know, does anyone have any information about whether or not it's possible to 'turn off' the vomiting bit of your body?

I haven't V* in about 15 years.. I have three kids who get sick kinda often.. (yearly) and I dont catch it from them every time, but when i do, I never V*.. Its always just the D* part, thank goodness. Yes apparently it IS possible to keep yourself from V*ing... Your stomach isnt in control...Your brain is actually in control.. There is a 'vomiting center' in your brain, that tells your stomach when it's time. But thats when mind over matter comes into play. The mind is a very powerful thing. If u want/believe something strongly enough, U can make it happen (or, well, NOT happen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am not sure about a sv* but I cant tell you how many times I thought for sure I was going to v* like it was right there..and I just would really really focus on something else and shortly after the urge to v* left and I didnt.

Iv`e read many times on this site that if the body is determined to v, then you can`t stop it. I totally diagree with this because Iv`e done it so many times, & willpower is usually enough, plus I always have anti-emtics at hand just in case.

Hey Hairyfairy, I've been able to control mine too. It was EXTREMELY difficult, but I was able to do it. Last time I fought it for so long that it wore me completely out though and I was so sick of feeling bad. I finally somehow made the choice to just let it happen. It's bad either way!

I have not v in 5 years, however I also believe that Ive had the stomach flu a couple times since then, and I believe that I was able to control it. Afterwards, when I felt better, I actually felt very strong, and less fearful.

I`m just wondering, is once ayear often for kids to get sick, I mean how often is normal?