Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Sanitizing vs. Disinfecting on Lysol Can?

The Lysol Aerosol spray that says it kills Noro... the instructions are that if you want to sanitize a surface you have to wait 10 minutes... but if you want to disinfect a surface.. you only wait 30 seconds??! So which should I do? I'm curious because I share phones at work and one of my coworkers recently had sv... how long should I wait after spraying down the phone until its safe?? I don't work until Thursday but I am definitely going to sanitize (or disinfect?) the entire office when I get there.

BTW she is so gross, she never ever washes her hands... even after counting the cash drawer and touching all that dirty money she'll go eat a sandwich without washing her hands! I can't stand it! She's got these creepy little hands with creepy long fingernails and she is sooooo annoying. She's a 38 year old virgin who lives with her parents and calls in every month when she has her stupid period. She wears her pants really high up on her waist so you can see her camel toe and panty-liners and she pins her pants to look like flood pants so she doesn't trip over the bottoms... and wears ugly Christmas sweaters ALL YEAR LONG. I try not to hate her for it... But I kind of do. I'm such a jerk.

And she has a unibrow. Ugh I've tried praying about not being so irritated by her and it's so hard.
    Last edited by ruhligv; 12-12-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Sanitizing vs. Disinfecting on Lysol Can?

I usually just spray and wait until it's dry to be honest. I'd go for the 10 mins though if you want to be cautious.

To be honest, my hubby is a soldier and that man could care less about washing hands except if he's gone to the bathroom. He will do it when I ask him to otherwise, but he also has had to go without showers for weeks, eat whatever he can when he can, and yeah.. Lol. Needless to say he figures a bit of dirt or whatever isn't bad. And that man has an IRON stomach because of it. But that is a slightly different situation

She sounds like someone who is quite socially awkward/inept. You have to wonder what made her this way. I am always interested in people's life stories, and the reason they are the way they are is usually hidden in there. I think (from a Christian point of view) you can maybe try asking God to show you His heart for her. You don't have to like her, I definitely don't think that's possible with certain people, but treating her with respect and all is something that God can give you the patience to do Haha you aren't a jerk.. some people are harder to like than others Seems sometimes we have those people in our lives to teach us something we need to learn. Never fun but usually a good opportunity to grow in some way!

Default Re: Sanitizing vs. Disinfecting on Lysol Can?

Quote Originally Posted by HEH18 View Post
    She sounds like someone who is quite socially awkward/inept. You have to wonder what made her this way. I am always interested in people's life stories, and the reason they are the way they are is usually hidden in there. I think (from a Christian point of view) you can maybe try asking God to show you His heart for her. You don't have to like her, I definitely don't think that's possible with certain people, but treating her with respect and all is something that God can give you the patience to do Haha you aren't a jerk.. some people are harder to like than others Seems sometimes we have those people in our lives to teach us something we need to learn. Never fun but usually a good opportunity to grow in some way!
    Lol that's what I normally do too regarding spraying it and letting it dry, I'm just nervous because of the recent exposure possibility.

You are right, and I did ask God to make me see her as HE sees her, and for a while I was totally fine with her... but lately I've been really annoyed by her. I always treat her with respect and never have ever been mean to her, but I've complained about her calling in every month and being a weenie to other coworkers and feel really terrible about that. Of all people, (me being such a WEENIE when it comes to SV!) I should NOT be like that. Especially since I want to be a light, not darkness.

I know that there is likely a definite reason she is the way that she is, just as I am the way that I am. Thank you for your reply and helping me to see that I need to pray about it more and ask God to give me a better view about her. She is in no way a mean or malicious person and I am just being a jerk. Lol.

On a positive note... I'm 2 days away from getting my Associates degree!!! YAY! And then next semester I go for my Bachelors. And after that my Masters. Lol... but I'm 1/3 of the way there! Woo!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10