Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help!! Scared to death!!!

Ok so last night I had a meatball sub and I woke up at 5 this morning feeling very sick. I had a normal bowel movement but err since I've been in super panic mode. All I can taste and smell is the meatball sub. I'm farting like crazy and it smells sooo bad. I'm sorry if that's tmi but I'm really scared. What's wrong with me??

Default Re: Please help!! Scared to death!!!

A friend of mine had the same type of sub I did. He says his stomach is really messed up too. I guess it was mild food poisoning. I still don't feel good but I have an exam to take need encouragement

How are you doing now? It does sound like it could be mild food poisoning, but remember that if you are going to v* from food poisoning, it usually happens within 12 hours of eating. If it has been more than 12 hours, it is likely to either come out as d* or just cause mild upset as it has been doing. Maybe it was too spicy or something like that? How is your friend doing now? Has he v*?

He is doing better than me. I've been in full panic mode since 5 this morning I ate the sub at 9 last night. So does that mean I'm ok? I have been sitting up in my bed since 5 this morning keeping my stomach wet trying to ease off the nausea. It's not working. I missed my exam because I was panicking. I felt better earlier but now I'm starting to feel sick again help??

All I can taste is the sub still and my farts smell really really sour help me pleaseeee

Anyone??? Pleaseee

It happened....I v* a little. Still feel sick but better

It wasn't too bad...I remember thinking...if I'm gonna v* I'm gonna do it on my terms. So I made myself. I couldn't bring up much but it really wasn't worth all the worrying

How are you doing now? Maybe the anxiety was making you feel more sick than anything else?
    I'm Sarah. We are all stronger than we believe we are.

I still feel sick to my stomach. But better. I couldn't really bring anything up. Weirdly it took my mother saying I'm being silly to make me do this. I know how hard it is believe me but if your stomach hurts bad enough v* actually is a relief. I'm not scared at all now.

Perhaps it was a very mild form of food poisoning heightened significantly by the anxiety...I had the same thing last night - I felt a little n* after re-heating some chicken from the night before (yes, I know - dangerous ground..) but I didn't feel that bad until I stopped to think about WHY I might feel n*...as soon as I related it to the chicken, that was it - I was in panic mode all night, and felt 100 times worse. We're our own worst ememies sometimes

Hope you feel better soon - and it sounds like you did a great job of dealing with it

Thanks. Looking at it now I'm sitting here actually a little hungry. The worst part was the taste. To anyone who read this post all the way through...I know it's terrifying. It still sorta is. But after actually doing it I feel silly almost