Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default worried i will get flu, help

My mam has come down with flu, at first I thought it was just a cold and they don't bother me too much so i didn't take a lot of care washing my hands and stuff. but last night she was in bed all evening feeling achy and shivering and im so scared i'll get it because i was sick with a flu thing when i was about 10 (im 20 now) flu which i caught off her, which she had felt sick with too. she said she hasnt felt sick at all with this flu but im so so scared i'll get it and v*

Default Re: worried i will get flu, help

Remember that children often get sick with illnesses, whereas adults tend not to. I have had flu twice in my life and although I felt physically awful, I did not feel nauseous or v* at all. Make sure you wash your hands often and that she is getting rid of all her tissues so noone else comes into contact with it. You'll be okay
    I'm Sarah. We are all stronger than we believe we are.

Default Re: worried i will get flu, help

It's very, very rare to v* from influenza in adults or older children. I'm sure you'll be fine, even though a flu is beyond unpleasant. Hope you avoid it, and if not.. get some rest and hope you feel better soon!