Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Possible exposure. Opinions please

I took my so to the doctor yesterday because he's been getting a lot of migranes lately and I'm running low on his medication. Plus the ones she gave him made him grumpy. So we went. We sat away from the kid activity tables so the kids wouldn't be tempted. Luckily my 2 year old fell asleep through the whole appointment. When we got called back and the nurse was checking him in I said in small talk, there's a lot of sick kids and her reply was yeah a lot of SV. I freaked out and wanted to leave so bad. I told my kids don't touch anything and don't touch anything on your face while I sat with them and monitored every move. After the doctor came I was so grossed out watching her put the stethoscope on him thinking how many kids that thing has touched. I made my kids wash their hands before we left and when we got home I made them change their clothes. I told them to leave their shoes outside but my 8 yr old didnt. I scrubbed my house as if it were there. I keep thinking about it. Do you think we'll be fine. I just can't stop thinking about it. Thank goodness I go see my psych today.

Default Re: Possible exposure. Opinions please

So my husband is in a class for the next few days. He said his friends kids are pro v*ing. I'm so freaked out. I'm a mess. I know my husband isn't around the kids but I still can't help but panic over it.

You are worrying over nothing. You washed hands. That is all you can do. Cleaning your house like that is unnecessary and irrational unless it was dirty in the first place. Shame you are in CA, or I would call you over to clean my house. haha I am trying to clean myself today.

Are you doing therapy or meds? Do you meditate or do deep breathing exercises? You need to get our mind out of the loop that it is in. All your mind can do is focus on the sv. The thoughts are not rational. It is part of the phobia. Distracting your mind will help. Yoga, meditation, watching a comedy, dancing, etc.

Hang in there. Relax, breathe.

I do take anxiety meds. And lately I've been taking my maximum dose. I started doing puzzles to distract myself or art. But my 2 year old makes it difficult.

I just read your other post. Getting on here does make me feel worse at times. But it's also nice to be able to turn to those who understand.

It's a horrible cycle. And I know my mind makes it worse. I try whatever I can to distract myself. And I usually clean my house if I'm really anxious. And sadly it still isn't clean because I think I have the messiest 2 year old out there. It just got bad because I know it's that season. And I hate to judge but I hate knowing that people take their kids to the doctor for SV. When majority of the people know there is nothing you can do about it. But I had to take my son because I hate seeing him sick from his headaches all the time. And just in general everyone talks about being sick and it makes me feel sick to hear about it. Literally. It's sad. I wish I could get over it. Sometimes I'm not that bad but other times it hits me hard and I just need somewhere to talk.

Thank you

My daughter is 2. I almost have to vacuum every day. She loves to make a mess. She usually stares at you when you start belting out Barney's Clean Up Song.

Puzzles and art are good. You should be getting to the point soon when your son will start playing my himself so you can get a little you time.

I hate docs offices. I do not let my kids play with the toys or other kids there.

Whatever makes you feel the best is what you need to do. If this site helps, then come on in. If it makes you worse, then do whatever you have to to feel better. If you can discipline yourself to only read certain posts it could work. Some of us though have that morbid curiosity to check out the graphic posts.

Hugs

It's so true how we do read the graphic ones knowing its doing no good. I do at times thinking I can help someone. I know I can't really do anything but giving someone to talk to helps sometimes. This fear has us helpless because its something we really can't control.

Terrible 2s are the worst. I honestly didn't go through all this with my others. They were bad but not as bad as this one.