Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Quick question.

Default Quick question.

So, I'm at work, and I just made some hot tea, and when I was putting the sugar in it I dropped one of the sugar packets in the tea. The sugar packets were from a communal bowl in the break room, where people are reaching in with most likely dirty hands. What are the chances that I could have gotten something bad in my tea? I put a few drops of colloidal silver in it afterwards, and I fished the sugar packet out with the tea bag, not my hands. I know this is a stupid question and I'm being silly, but I don't want to drink it until I get an answer!

Default Re: Quick question.

Have not heard from you a little while. How have you been?

Chances are slim, but not impossible. But when in doubt throw it out. You will not rest easy if you drink it. Get a new tea.
    Last edited by Cynna; 12-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Yeah, the chances are pretty slim but the cost of a tea bag is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I drank it anyways. Do you think the water was hot enough to kill any germs?

I think you will be fine. The chances were so slim in the first place. It is almost like so many things would have have to aligned in place for it to happen. Slim indeed. I have done it many times and never got sick. I am not too coordinated when it comes to tea. I also get strawpaper in my drink frequently.

if the water was boiling - nothing would have survived...

surprised the sugar didn't melt

Yeah, it was VERY hot. It took nearly fifteen minutes to cool down. Thanks everyone for your reassurance.