Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need to take morning after pill - terrified I'll throw up

I really need to take it or else I will get pregnant and have morning sickness anyway and my boyfriend will leave me for being a psycho, but I'm absolutely terrified I will throw up. Its really common!

I'm crying and feel sick already and can't force myself to swallow it

Help, has anybody here taken it?

Default Re: I need to take morning after pill - terrified I'll throw up

I have never taken one, but the pill always makes me feel nauseous so I take a gravol just ahead of it. Maybe you can call a pharmacist and see what they would advise? They may know of some ways to lessen the likelihood of being sick.
    Last edited by ballykissangel; 12-14-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: punctuation

I've taken it a couple of time and never felt sick. I did feel pretty lethargic after taking it, and had a slight headache. However, no nausea! I took it with food just in case.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Forgot to add I have friends who have also taken it and not gotten sick And they are not emets.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have taken it a few times and have never even come close to v*. A little tired and n*, at the most, but the nausea was most likely just because I was worried about it. If it makes you feel better, try an anti emetic and take it with a little food. You will be fine!

I've taken it a couple of times too and never felt the slightest bit sick, just a bit tired and moody. If you're worried, take a gravol beforehand. Vomiting with the morning after pill isn't really common actually.

Ok, ummmmm have you guys thought about a more permanent bc method? There are lots of options out there. No one wants to wake up in a panic the next day. Try to always have a plan or keep spare things in a small package in your purses for emergencies. Just a thought.

I don't know about others but I pretty much used it because I am terrified of getting pregnant so if I had the slightest doubt my usual birth control method possibly could have failed (e.g. forgot to take a pill) I would resort to the morning after pill just in case. So it's not like I wasn't using a reliable method generally. I was usually very good at taking my pill on time but I still ended up getting an IUD because I figured it was the only way I wouldn't worry about pregnancy no matter what.

The morning after pill was not available when I was young. I had one time where I sweated it out till my next cycle.

Not judging, but just kinda shocked that so many seem to have taken it multiple times. As a woman, I believe we have to look out for ourselves. I guess I would want my daughter to be in control of her sexual health. She would be the one that would have to carry the child. She could not always depend on the guy to wear something they may not like to wear. There may be emergencies here and there, but I would want her to have a plan. I will also try to teach her to be safe concerning STDs.

If my son gets to that point (he has autism) I am gonna teach him to have a plan too.

They also did not have a lot of options when I was younger where you could do something and it would last for 3 months or longer. I missed a couple pills here and there myself. We will miss them here and there, but if you do it regularly, there are other options. Thanks AoD for your perspective on this.

While I am on the subject, remember that antibiotics can make some bc methods ineffective. Also some bc methods carry blood clot risks with smoking. I had a friend wind up in intensive care.

Girl Power! Peace
    Last edited by Cynna; 12-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    While I am on the subject, remember that antibiotics can make some bc methods ineffective. Peace
    Very true! I stress this because my friend is now a mother because she was given an antibiotic while on the pill, and wasn't informed by her doctor that it made birth control ineffective.

I am on the pill, and have been since I was 15 (I'm 22 now) I did take the morning after pill before (while on the pill, I was very paranoid and the guy I was with was a scumbag and dishonest- long story short) and I just took it with come apple juice, not even food, and I was fine

I had to take this once, years ago. My doctor actually prescribed compazine for me to take with it (didn't know I was an emet).