Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Never before!!

Default Never before!!

Have I felt so poorly!! Help!!

I woke up Tuesday night about an hour after falling asleep feeling n* I thought I was because I was hot so I put my fan on had an anti-emetic and went back to sleep.

Woke up Wednesday morning with the flu, I have never had the flu before, I thought it was just a cold... How wrong am I?!

I had been getting through the past few days okay, no food, little sips of water and anti emetics!!

However I've woken up now (4am Saturday morning) feeling the worst ever, I feel like my body is trying to g*!! If I move at all I feel like I'm going to v*!
    I'm shivering because I'm so cold but I can't move to take paracetamol because I feel like I'm going to v*!!

When will this end :'(

Default Re: Never before!!

Great now I have d*

Hey same here! This is terrible, and I am having a hard time dealing with this. I have had *D* all morning and really bad stomach cramps. Lets just face it, we are sick. We can get through this right? Everyone else has right?
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

I guess :/
    I've been unwell since Tuesday night with the flu, as in influenza... But now I keep feeling like I'm going to v*

Im so scared right now too. I am trying not to freak out. But my stomach pain is terrible. I have only had *D* but im scared that i will *V* i just keep thinking that I would have *V* by now you know. Maybe I am just going to have nasty painful *D*
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Hope you guys are feeling better! Just try to keep calm, the flu can make you feel v *n but I would think if you were going to *v you would have by now?
    My son was feeling *s last night and had a headache which freaked me out but a friend who had *sv and *v made me feel better! She said that she had no time to feel ill it just happened! So there's hope for you guys! *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningstar View Post
    Im so scared right now too. I am trying not to freak out. But my stomach pain is terrible. I have only had *D* but im scared that i will *V* i just keep thinking that I would have *V* by now you know. Maybe I am just going to have nasty painful *D*
    Just keep strong I'm sure you'll be fine!! Your doing so well!!

Someone please take this away from me I can't do it anymore! I still have horrible flu symptoms, and then I just woke up with severe d* and feeling like I'm going to v* please make it stop,!8' willing myself to hold it down!!

Hey 5headh
    I'm worried about you! Sounds like you have picked have picked up a nasty bug, not the SV though.
    Influenza can make you feel very lousy, and if you have congestion that can be a culprit of the d. Additionally, not sure if you are, but taking any type of OTC flu meds with minimal food can also make your belly feel yucky.
    I'd be very surprised if you v now, especially if you've had this bug for the last several days. Hang in there, Hun! I really hope you start feeling better!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore10 View Post
    Hey 5headh
    I'm worried about you! Sounds like you have picked have picked up a nasty bug, not the SV though.
    Influenza can make you feel very lousy, and if you have congestion that can be a culprit of the d. Additionally, not sure if you are, but taking any type of OTC flu meds with minimal food can also make your belly feel yucky.
    I'd be very surprised if you v now, especially if you've had this bug for the last several days. Hang in there, Hun! I really hope you start feeling better!
    I've got influenza,I have had it for 5 days now, however I just suddenly woke up at 3.30am with violent d* and n* feeling like I was going to v* I can't cope with this aswell :'(
    Can influenza cause stomach upset?

Yes, sweetie, all that congestion and any OTCs you might be taking can upset your tummy, especially if you haven't been eating much.
    Have you been to the doctor? You could have strep or a sinus infection.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

Yes, sweetie, all that congestion and any OTCs you might be taking can upset your tummy, especially if you haven't been eating much.
    Have you been to the doctor? You could have strep or a sinus infection.
    I haven't been to the doctor yet, however I am taking alot of OTC medicines.
    And haven't eaten for days
    Feel so poorly!

I would bet money thats why your stomach is bothering you!
    Those meds are going to really irritate your stomach, especially if you've not been eating much. Your poor belly is empty and there is nothing to help "cushion" it from all the medication. Just out of curiosity, have you been taking stuff with lots of vitamin C? Reason I ask is that I had a nasty flu (not SV) with the sore throat, horrible congestion/cough, etc and was downing chewable vitamin C tablets like they were candy. It gave me the yuckiest d and scared the hell out of me cause I thought it was turning into the SV. Of course, it wasn't and I had just OD'd on vitamin C.
    Jennifer

I would bet money thats why your stomach is bothering you!
    Those meds are going to really irritate your stomach, especially if you've not been eating much. Your poor belly is empty and there is nothing to help "cushion" it from all the medication. Just out of curiosity, have you been taking stuff with lots of vitamin C? Reason I ask is that I had a nasty flu (not SV) with the sore throat, horrible congestion/cough, etc and was downing chewable vitamin C tablets like they were candy. It gave me the yuckiest d and scared the hell out of me cause I thought it was turning into the SV. Of course, it wasn't and I had just OD'd on vitamin C.
    Nah, I had one chewable vitamin tablet day before yesterday but nothing since, my stomach is going crazy
    So tired but can't sleep through fear of v*.
    I just want it all to go away!!

You need to try and get some rest, especially since you've been sick for so long! Your body needs to rest so it can heal itself. Trust me, I know how scared you are-it's terrifying to wake from a deep sleep with d and upset stomach. Can you try to maybe watch a little tv or something to help occupy your mind so you can doze back off?
    Jennifer

You need to try and get some rest, especially since you've been sick for so long! Your body needs to rest so it can heal itself. Trust me, I know how scared you are-it's terrifying to wake from a deep sleep with d and upset stomach. Can you try to maybe watch a little tv or something to help occupy your mind so you can doze back off?
    I know my mind is just going crazy

My tv in my room is broken so nothing to keep me busy, hoping to play around on my phone for a bit and hope the n* goes a bit, doesn't seem to be working yet.

All I've been drinking to lucozade, beginning to think if these could be upsetting my stomach too.

I don't know what lucozade is....what about some hot tea? That might be a bit more soothing.
    Maybe tomorrow, try eating a piece of toast or a biscuit. Even just a couple of bites-You need some nutrition to help give your body fuel to start fighting this infection!
    Jennifer