Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please answer

Hello all,
    I feel like I suffer from this... And I know exactly why I do..
    *Graphic*
    I was watching the Matrix one night and got sick, I ended up being violently sick 13 times overal in the night... I ended up almost choking on the vomit, it was that hard to bring up in the latter stages.
    I have remembered that, and it effects me alot.
    I have dreams of becoming a proffessional race driver, and its a team sport... And I am concerned that I will freak, get sick in the car and have to get out all the time. Which is effecting my career bad (im 16 by the way)
    And now, I feel not so bad about it... But its an inconvienience... Aspecially in exams in school.
    I wanted to know though, can emeto be related to worrying about other things?
    I am at a point in my life where I am going through changes... School is rounding up for me and I am becoming more independant.
    I want to grow up with a family and a wife and maybe some kids, but I feel I am scared of the future. I am scared of ending up being a nasty person, and basically losing control of my morals and going crazy.
    I am a nice person who has never raised a fist to anyone and has never had the intention of physically or emotionally hurting someone.
    Though I feel EMET has lead me to worry about other stuff. As I cannot control this... And now im scared I will end up being nasty to everyone and start acting differant, I am worried I will have no control over myself.
    As I say this, I know its totally stupid... But its bothered me and upset me for ages.
    Bottom line is I really want to be nice to everyone, and know I will be... But this thought inthe back of my head hurts me greatly, and makes me depressed.
    Anyone else feel this? Or anyone have some kind of help please? It would be much appreciated.Edited by: bendot

I know how you feel. I've been an emet since i was a kid (i'm 18 now) and it flared up when i was 16, mainly, i think it was because i couldn't deal withit because of stress from school and all the changes happening in my life at that time. I think the best thing for you to do would be to talk to some one who knows how you feel. I went tomy doctors about my fear and she helped alot. Now i go see a psychologist/councilor ever so often and she helps a lot too.

I worry a lot about how my phobia might effect my life but i've found that i just need to find ways of dealing with it and work around it so my life doesn't get badly affected. For example i want to study medicine at university, and have you ever heard of a doctor who couldn't stand to see/hear/smell vomit? So that's one big thing i'm going to have to work out.

If you ever want to talk to some one then just message me or e-mail me. My address is [email protected] or [email protected]

Hope to hear from you xxx
    .:.Lily White Skin.:.
    *~*Blood Red Lips*~*

During highschool the only time when my phobia showed it's self was when people in the school V*. Now that I'm out of school it's gotten worse. It's been inhibiting me from seeing my friends. I'm always so scared that if I got out I'll V*. I told my friend about my Emet and he's rather supportive about it and he tries to understand. In my opinion the best way NOT to hurt someone is to tell them about your phobia. If they laugh at you and don't try to understand then do you really want them to be your friend? I think that being an Emet causes other problems, social phobias and what not. But here's the good news...I read somewhere that if you are driving a car it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get car sick.

Anyway if you ever want to talk to me my AIM names are: OnForNow22 and RomanosPrv8Nurse.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!