Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: freaking out

Default freaking out

I was n* a little earlier but thought nothing of it because I'm usually randomly n*..then it calmed down and I went to sleep. I just woke up and I'm not exactly n* but I just feel WEIRD. I'm super light-headed and just feel really uneasy and nervous. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I just got my period? I feel so weird, help

Default Re: freaking out

Oh goodness yes! I have IBS and my gastro told me to expect it to go in line with my period because there are receptors lining the intestines that are very sensitive to hormone fluctuations. I ALWAYS get nauseous a day or two before my period and sometimes a day or two after it starts. There are postglandins (the hormone that causes cramps) that sometimes cause nausea and also the sudden and rapid rise of progesterone (the hormone that kick starts your period and is the culprit behind morning sickness in pregnant women) your body is dealing with. Don't worry, just relax and drink some peppermint/chamomile/anise tea and watch a movie or read somehting to take your mind off it. You're going to be just fine. Also remember that if you get cramps, take the medicine before the cramps start because its a lot easier for your body to prevent cramps then it is to stop them! Hope you feel better!