Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Incubation Period? Feeling like a time bomb....

My boyfriend got sick with the stomach flu Friday night. I made it through last night and felt like a champ! But I'm still really scared I'm going to get it. We live in such close quarters and it's hard to escape it. Should I prep for the worst? Is it really true the 48 hour mark is when most people get sick? I hope i get through the night tonight. So scared

Default Re: Incubation Period? Feeling like a time bomb....

I know the feeling. It's been spreading like crazy in my area. I took my son to the doctor on Tuesday for migrane medication and the nurse mentioned a lot if SV coming in. I've been so scared since. I think the incubation period is suppose to be 24-48 hours but I've also read longer. I guess depending on sanitation issues. I'm feeling ill again right now thinking about it. I haven't been eating much lately so I think that's adding to it. I feel panicked, and n*. But I have a feeling it's anxiety.

Were you around him while he was sick? I also know they poo it out for 3days to 2 weeks. Just keep your hands clean. Hope you feel better soon.

Unfortunately, I was present while he was sick. In the same room actually. he was mostly dry heaving around me. that was after he had V* a couple times in the bathroom. I'm pretty nervous, haven't been eating much either. Thanks for your reply. Stay strong!

It's passed on by particles, so as long as you weren't right next to him when he v, you should be fine. Hygiene is the key. Bleach the bathroom, and don't eat any food he prepares for the next couple days. It is most common to see symptoms around the 48 hour mark, but that is not for sure. It can vary, but that seems to be the norm. Try to distract yourself, you should be just fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it depends on the bug. It can be as long as a week.