Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My three year old son came down with the sv this afternoon. To
    make matters worse, we are staying at my parents, because we are moving
    out of state and can't close on our house until the end of the
    month. It's difficult enough to deal wtih this phobia when I'm at
    home, but when I'm out of my comfort zone I'm really panicking.

I handled it ok while it</span> was
    happening, but am panicking now. I feel so bad for him. I
    had always feared that since he's such a momma's boy, he wouldn't let
    anyone else care for him. To my surprise he is letting his daddy
    care for him too (but prefers it to be me)[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] .

He had a 25 mg Phenergan suppository (which is a lot for a 30 lb child), but it doesn't seem to be working.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I pray this passes quickly and no one else gets it!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Are your parents helpful? Hubby? I didnt have much luck with the Phenagren supp. last time my daughter was sick, but the Tigan they gave her in the ER, worked quickly and she didnt v* again after that. The Phenagren shot seems to work well though, I wonder why that is. (This has been my experience.)

I hope that this passes quickly and that you, or no one else comes down with it.

I
    doubt you'll get infected with it. Toddler's have such a low, almost nonexistent immune system they become ill with just about near anything. If you did catch it, it probably won't affect you as severe as it does to your son. He's just a youngster, being exposed to something new and not having a defense at all. When I used to baby-sit my baby cousin, he'd always have some grisly virus every week it seemed. I never caught it once! Good luck! &lt;3

Sorry to hear you are going through this right now. Maybe if he continues to *v* you could contact his doctor to see if he could have a Phenergan injection. The shots usually do stop the *v* much quicker than the pills or suppositories. This would prevent him from getting dehydrated.

It sounds as if you are handling it well. I hope he feels better soon!

Jess

I am also sorry that you are having to deal with this right now. Especially in such a time of stress to begin with. I agree with everything else that was said. Toddlers have such immature immune systems that I would definitely not hit the panic button as far as it spreading throughout the house. My daughter had her worst tummy bug around that age and no one else in the house got it. Ironically, we were in the same situation at the time, in between moves and staying at the in laws. I LET grandma take care of my daughter. I could not. So, the very fact that you are taking care of your child is a great accomplishment. Hang in there and keep us posted on how he is doing.

\"This too shall pass\"

I hope you guys are ok!!!!

He just got up and says his tummy feels better. He's running a
    low fever and I'm giving him small sips of Gatorade. Now, I'm
    couting down to see if anyone else gets it.

My family has been great. My husband slept with him last night,
    even though I offered to (he knows about the phobia). I'm pretty
    proud of myself. I panicked inside, but I know I could have
    handled it had I been alone.

It's countdown time. Please no one else get it!

As always, thank you for all your support. It's so helpful to
    know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about vomit!

I'm glad your son is feeling better. Good job on handling everything so well. I hope the rest of your family is safe from it. Take care. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Carlie - best wishes to you and your family. I go through the same thing as you when one of my kids is ill. On a positive note, they appear to get sick less as they get older (less sv's and less v'g with each one). Also, I have found good hygiene goes a long way toward preventing the spread to other family members. It's wonderful that you have supportive, helpful people around you too!

I am glad that he is better!!!! Im glad your family has been so supportive!!!! Keep us posted as you go through the countdown.

I agree with what rileyl said about good hygiene. I heard some where that most tummy bugs spread because of bad hygiene Just make sure you wash your hands before you prepare food and such and you should be fine.

Hope your son feels better soon Edited by: siren
    .:.Lily White Skin.:.
    *~*Blood Red Lips*~*

Stay strong Carlie! lysol and bleach everything in contact with the v* and leave him a basin to avoid any accidents. I very rarely have gotten ill from my kids. You'll be fine!!!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

HI Carlie...how is your baby doing?..hope he is feeling betterWhat was his symptoms?...was it bad?...sounds like your a real trooper the way you handled it...i feel for you...but you made me feel like it can be done....anyways, take care i'm sure you will be fine Sheri
    ~Sheri~

I can truly relate! I have 5 kids, and I know how you are feeling. Sounds like you did great though!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I'll warn in advance that this is a little graphic.

Sheri, he had vomiting (4 times) diahhrea and fever (102). It lasted exactly 24 hours.

I think what made it a little easier, strange as this may sound, is
    that I had no warning. He never complained about his stomach
    hurting. He woke from his nap and wouldn't let me put him
    down. He wanted to be held constantly. Then all the sudden,
    he v* (all over me). I also think the way he reacted made it a
    little easier. He didn't really cry or complain at all.
    Just wimpered a little when it was happening. When my daughter
    gets it, she panics, cries and whines the entire time she's got it. At
    4, she already shows some signs of emet [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].

And yes, it can be done. I thought I would really panic and get
    that "I want to run away" feeling. It wasn't fun and I did have
    anxiety through it, but I wanted to care for him because I felt so bad
    for him and I really want to conquer this part of the phobia in
    particular.

Thank you all again for the support and concern. So far, no one
    else has it. Thank God, since today we are traveling to Tennessee
    (where we're moving) and it's a 7 hour trip.

You really are an inspiration to me Carlie. I always wonder how I would cope if my little boy got ill whilst his Dad was at work but I hopeI would just cope, its just the night where I get so scared!!!!

Like you say, when they are little they don't say anything, just do it and that way you don't have chance to panic!!!! My little girl panics before and then that makes me panic so she goes straight to her Daddy!!!!

You did well to sleep with him that night though, I couldn't have done that at all!!!

If there is someone there to help when my kids are ill I just panic more, when I am on my own I seem to deal with it better!!!! But then I would hate to be on my own if it did happen if you get whatI mean!!!

Strange thing this phobia is!!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Oh i hope everyone is feeling better and you are all coping well! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

carlie how is your son now? Has anyone else been sick? How was your trip? Hope everyone is fine. You handle the situation so incredible.

My son is completely over itand, so far, no one else has gotten it. He was really whiney on the trip and I could tell he still wasn't feeling that great, but thankfully he didn't get sick again on the road.

Thank you all again for your response and support. I really appreciate it and it is so nice to know someone can relate to what I was going through.