Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default well that was really weird. now I'm going to have a panic attack, of course

I was sleeping perfectly fine, and then randomly woke up, and kept swallowing?? Like I don't even know what happened, I just kept swallowing air, like I was gagging or something. After a few seconds it calmed down and went away, but now I'm freaking out because did I just almost randomly v or something????? I don't feel sick and I didn't feel sick earlier, but of course now I have this panicky feeling and I'm super worried. Can you just get sick like that? Am I not even safe when I feel okay? Oh god, I have no idea, I'm scared.

Default Re: well that was really weird. now I'm going to have a panic attack, of course

I really want to go back to sleep but now I'm all freaked out.... Did I just choke on mucus or something? My nose IS runny. I don't know. This hasn't happened before so I don't know what to think.

Default Re: well that was really weird. now I'm going to have a panic attack, of course

Maybe you just slept with your mouth open and had a dry throat, it happens to me sometimes. Or in your case, it could be the mucus that sort of blocked up your airways a bit and caused you to wake up like that. For me, it feels a bit like choking and I keep swallowing too in an attempt to "clear out" whatever is wrong. I really don't think it's related to v*.

I've had that before from acid reflux. I could feel a burning in my throat and woke up swallowing over and over. So it could be the same with you but from mucus instead. Hope you got some sleep after

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not to trivialize your fears, but I'm kind of relieved to hear that other people experience this as well! Every so often I will wake up out of nowhere gagging and having a similar feeling as you described, with the endless swallowing. The only thing that helps it is to chug a bunch of water, then I'm fine. Pretty sure mine is from acid reflux, but it's definitely not the flu or anything. Just one of those things that happens. Keep some water on a bedside table, it helps.
    "I'm not saying that I know what I want. . .
    But I know what I don't, don't want to rot in my room. And never know what could have been, believe what everyone else tells me is true."

I have that as well at times too. I don't exactly know who I get it, as its not related to a dry mouth or anything, but I did also find that drinking a little bit of water helps, as brittneylee said. I don't have acid reflux, but my mother does. I asked her about this sort of feeling and she said she gets it occasionally, so that may be the reason why. Hope you feel better and managed to get some sleep!

The condition shows that you're going to have Panic Attack but why not let yourself know more about panic attack problems and symptoms.

The heart races higher.
    The shortage of breath.
    Sense of fear.
    The feelings of chill or trembling.
    The feelings of heart attack or doomsday's thoughts.

Such symptoms can happen to you but by having 21------7 formula, you can get riddance from it.
    In this, you'll need to get 7 minutes exercise for 21 days and you'll get complete relief from panic attack.
    I've adopted this formula and am leaving completely reliable life now.