Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default All worked up and hating it!

I HATE it when I get myself so worked up an anxious and this weekend has proved to be a b***h.

I'm so sorry to be posting again but as some of you that have read my other posts, I'm starting a phased return to work tomorrow. I popped in Thursday just gone to get IT systems up to date but tomorrow is the 'real thing' and I know of two people who have sv*.

The logical bit of my brain says that as long as I keep my hands clean and away from my face I'll be okay... but what if I don't? What if I touch them accidentally? What if someone picks up the virus and v* at work? I have anti viral hand foam but I never know if it's enough.

I feel like my head is spinning. It doesn't help I haven't been able to relax at all today due to some family issues and I will continue to feel stressed about that for the next few days.

I want so hard to be strong, to be logical, but nothings letting me. My local hospital is reporting cases of noro, and restricted visiting hours and reading about everything on Facebook is horrible.

What do I do? Does anyone here work in an office?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: All worked up and hating it!

Hi, I work in an office and quite a number of people there have bad *sv! Freaks me out a lot but am very careful with hygiene and use paper towels to get through doors etc! So far so good! Try to keep calm and you'll be fine!
    Best of luck to you! Hope it all goes well!

I'm going to try my best with hygiene but I always feel I don't do enough... and to top it off, we don't have paper towels to open the doors. I always wish we do but we have this rolling towel thing!

Thank you, am so nervous it's crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try using some toilet paper or wear long sleeves that you can pull over your hands! You'll be fine! Try to enjoy your day!

And it's not crazy! At least for us it's not! I'd be exactly the same!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I hate panic posting but honestly, I am so worried about tomorrow and this week in general... will definetely try the long sleeves. Didn't think of toilet paper! Might try take some pocket tissues with me as well.

Just try to be prepared and the chances of picking something up will be minimal!
    My manager was feeling like he was going to *v on Friday, I stayed away from him even refusing to have a work meeting with him! Lol
    just put yourself first and everything will be ok!

So angry- came to work this morning and two people who were sick yesterday are in work today. Other people are angry too. What shall I do?!

Just stay calm, keep your distance if possible and make sure you wash hands and don't touch your face!
    Be careful of doors and you will be fine!

also on the plus side, if they were sick yesterday and are in work today it won't be noro therfore probably less contagious!

Keep up your good work....your doing really well

Have tried to keep distance. The person who updated facebook yesterday with they were v* seems absolutely fine... God so worried it will get me somehow

And thank you for saying im doing good work means so much to me right now xxx

your not going to get it...you'll be fine! deep breaths!

How did you get on? hope you got through ok!

Hey Lindsey... managed to scrape through yesterday and felt good when I knew I'd managed to stay the whole day. But then today I get a text saying my best friend has it (who I also work with) and apparently several people in one of the teams has it but possibility it could be FP for them. I've also found out mother in law to be has it, although she does work in a school with little kiddies.

I feel like everday is a battle right now... x

I know what you mean about everyday being a battle, I've just spent 4 hours up the hospital for my sons appointment and am paranoid about catching comwthing but the main thing is you got through it!
    As long as we are careful we'll be fine! don't you just wish you could be carefree as so many others are?? x

I admire you so much for staying with your son at hospital, you've done so well. x

I'm trying my best to be careful but would much rather be carefree like you say. Right now, with everything that's in the news too, I just want to curl up in a ball and not wake up. I can't face work tomorrow when I know my best friend has had it, someone so close to me, and half of the office ... x

Needing positive vibes today...

My best friend is coming back to work. She still feels n* but says she has not v* for a day so I guess thats good. Thing is is that I keep thinking how many other people in the office has it as well and feel so anxious

I woke up this morning feeling quesy, tummy gurgling, and its set me off panicking when im not even at work yet...

I'm with you there, my friend has come back today feeling *n Eeeek!

Just remember wash hands and keep them from face!

Also everyone in the team is talking about noro

Thanks Eris - really appreciate you commenting x

I do 'keep an eye' on the cleaners, sort of watch out for them (hope that doesn;'t cause you offence, just the emet in me!) and see where they go and what not but haven't had time to look around this week what with it being the first week I've returned to work. I do know they are not as thorough as you seem to be though. Toilets they might be I suppose, but they're the other end of the department so I couldn't say either way.

Been trying my best to wash my hands, hoping and praying it's enough. Thanks for you support, having a tough day today. xx