Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Last night my family had roast Pork for dinner. However, I couldn't eat it because I was having a bout of n*. It lasted all night but by this morning I was feeling fine.

Anyway, this evening because I felt better my mom decided to give me the roast Pork I had missed out on last night. She had told me that she had kept it coveredinthe microwave overnight and that she had reheated it. Usually I am very cautious about this kind of thing, but I was so hungry that I ate it anyway.

Now I am feeling very anxious because I don't want to get food poisoning and I am beginning tofeel a little queasy. Surely my mom would've reheated it properly... I guess I'm just fishing for reassurance here. I'm just scared.

Edited by: laurav

Well, you ate it, so there is no sense in worrying yourself over it, I'd try to go out or do something to get your mind off of it or you'll talk yourself INTO being ill. You'll be fine[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Even if the food wasn't properly reheated you won't necessarily v* anyway. It is very unlikely to have contained anything which could potentially make you ill if it was only cooked last night.

I mean some people eat egg whites which aren't cooked or any thing and they don't get ill so why should you from eating food which has already been cooked then reheated as well? I trust that your mum has been cooking food for the family for years so if any knows what to do with food it'll be mums! You'll be fine, really just don't panic and if you feel a bit n* i find drinking water or peppermint tea helps, andcontrolled breathing*nods*

xx
    .:.Lily White Skin.:.
    *~*Blood Red Lips*~*

Thanks for the reassurance guys. You're right, I just need to calm down and take my mind off it. Hehe, these forums are my saviour!

Definitely find things to keep your mind off it. I can't tell you how many times I have talked myself into feeling sick for whatever reason. It's not quite the same but I used to work at a pizza place and they'd leave the pizza and/or mini strombolis(often times w/ meat on it) out int he un-cooled display case and still serve it, then if they weren't all eaten they'd refridgerate them (after being out all day) and serve it the next day and/or eat it themselves and NO ONE ever got sick from it. The only time I ever rememebr hearing a comoaint of anyone beign sick from the food (and I was there over 3 yrs) was when we had a moron cook who served chicken wings that were GREEN!!!! So long story short I think you'll be fine!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Green?!!UUUGGGHH!!![img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Green, lol. Yummy!