Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well guys i think my day come...... please i need to some reassurance

basically i've been feeling queasy and shaky all day couldn't really manage any lunch apart from toast (not like me at all!!) and when i got back to work i started to feel worse and worse and worse until i had to come home cos i knew it was gonna happen.......

well i made it home but had to run upstairs to the toilet where.............. nothing came out......... honestly this isn't another panic episode! *SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC*my stomach was turning i could feel the v* coming up my throat but i said to myself i'm gonna do it and not be scared anymore..... so after an hour and half pacing the house i started to get abit confused all that time i had felt so n* and at first i was willing to face it and just do it but now i'm just scared again........ the n* has subsided slighty although my tummy had gone from churning and churning to rumbling and feeling acidy what is this??? i can put my hand on heart and say i was truely gonna v* it was not one of my normal panic n* things (oh you can definitely tell the difference!!!) do u guys think i will v* now??? i've taken anti-emetics (which help clear the stomach - Motilium 10 domperidone) maybe thats why its calmed down and it will come back later???!!!!!!!!! the real bad n* was about 3 hours agon i do still abit n* now but not like before...........................

I think you handled that really well by the sounds of it, well done. I think it was a good idea to tell yourself to be brave because if you panic when you do v* it only makes it worse. I think some times that when you are meant tov* you can will yourself not to be, maybe that's what happened. If your stomach is feeling really rummbly and acidy then take some kind of indegestion tablet, it helps me when i feel that way.
    .:.Lily White Skin.:.
    *~*Blood Red Lips*~*

mmm I don't know what that means.. are u on any medication like the pill?because when i was on it, that same thing happened to me, I was sick but no v* actually came up... In another hour or so, id take another motilium, then try some crackers and maybe some cordial with water. The acid in your stomach will probably make u feel ill again if u dont eat a bit at least... am so sorry this has happened to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have taken anti-emetics hopefully you will be alright and not *v*. It sounds like you handled it well. I'm not familiar with that particular anti-emetic so I'm not sure how often you can take it but you may want to take some more in a few hours. Try to do something to take your mind off the nausea, like watching TV or reading a book--whatever you like to do for fun.

I hope you feel better soon!

Jess

It sounds like you were handling it really great kjen!And that is the most important part!I think you'll be fine, but if the nausea comes back-keep telling yourself what you were before"but i said to myself i'm gonna do it and not be scared anymore"See, you are BRAVE and you CAN handle it!I hope you're feeling better now and that anti-emetic settled y our stomach.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Aww, I'm so sorry you are going thru this! Congratulations on being so brave tho! That is really inspiring! I don't have any advice to add to the great advice already given, just wanted to wish you feeling better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

thanks so much everyone....

i keep getting these strong rumbles in my stomach - but surely thats a good sign??!!!!! don't really feel too n* anymore but don't really wanna speak to soon althoug hit has been nearly 6 hours now

thanks again 4 your support etc x x xx x x x x luv u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumbles? Hunger? *crosses fingers for luck* Edited by: peachfeet

How you feeling now? Hopefully better, motilium is good isn't it? hope
    u tried nibbling on something easy... let us know how u feel
    tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxx