Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default need to sleep but feel sick

ugh, my throat is bothering me so much. it started yesterday morning and it's the worst time to get sick because I start finals tomorrow, and I just really hope I'm not coming down with a cold.

I fell asleep at 10 and woke up 2 hours later with my throat feeling even worse than before and just weird all around, I can't really describe it. It could just be me freaking myself out but my body slightly felt like it had to v*, but in such a weird way..I wish I could explain it. I guess I could say my stomach hurts a tad, but it's not actually a stomach ache. I got into bed with a pretty full stomach, all I had was plain pasta for dinner so I'm not worried about what I ate...I'm just praying that I'm not sick.....ugh PLEASE don't let me be sick...

I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to fall back asleep, I don't want to wake up feeling even sicker. This sucks so much

Default Re: need to sleep but feel sick

also, maybe TMI, but I just pooped, and it wasn't loose or anything...that's a good sign, right? does that mean I definitely do not have a norovirus?? I hate even getting colds because I automatically think that I'm going to throw up too...at this point I just need reassurance that I'm not going to just wake up and puke. I feel sick but as long as I know I'm not going to puke, I will probably be able to go back to sleep.

anyone awake??? please respond :/

If you have a cold or throat infection, it's highly unlikely that you will v. V is not a common symptom of a cold. Plus if you had a normal bm, I'd say the chances that you have SV are practically non -existent!
    Please try and get some rest! If you are coming down with a cold bug, sleep is the best thing you can do.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Being tired and/or stressed can really mess with your body! I know when I get tired my throat starts aching and my stomach gets almost jittery like. Maybe try sipping some water. And RELAX. Easier said then done I know.
    Feel better!