Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Noro question:

Default Noro question:

So as I've posted before, noro is going round our school at the moment (FML) and I feel like I'm in the home straight, only 3 more days to go and I've survived all year, but today my friend went home ill. I don't know if it was noro because she was sniffing and sounded coldy but she also had a fever and wasn't making much sense, but now I'm paranoid that I've caught it, even though I've been really careful to wash my hands and not touch my face etc etc SORRY I'M RAMBLING

Anyway what I wanted to ask was is it possible to get noro and not v*? I've had SVs in the past and have just had really bad d*, when others who have had the same haven't V*d. But I was just wondering...can you?

And also, the horrible thing is that symptoms start '12-24 hours after infection', so that means 12-24 hours of worrying and being anxious and not eating...so is there any other way of telling, before that time frame, that you have it? Yeah...okay thanks for reading xxx

Default Re: Noro question:

I know that feeling... I'm literally counting down the days until work is over for the week, and I can relax and enjoy my holiday.

First, if she wasn't even V* or had symptoms of SV* you should be okay. Continue to wash you hands well, and don't touch your face, etc. What you may want to do is eat some yogurt or try something called kefir... it kind of tastes like liquid yogurt, and it has probiotics in it to help your immune system. Also, take some vitamins, drink water, and you should definitely try to eat... anxiety can wear you down (I know that to be true), and make you more vulnerable.

Not everyone v.... Relax, Wash hands. Have some fun.

Thank you for the replies

I'm really really freaking out now. I've been playing the saxophone all evening so my abdomen muscles are feeling a bit weak and shaky, and my mind is interpreting that as nausea so I'm getting really anxious that I've caught it. It's been about 8/9 hours since we were in contact with each other and since then I've been hungry and eaten well and had a completely normal bm. Is it likely that I have it? No other symptoms other than a strange feeling in my stomach which I can't tell if it's nausea or not. Trying to sleep now, but scared that I'll wake up in the night an v*.

I'm sorry, even just reading this makes me see how irrational my fears are but I can't help it. I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by nbutcher97 View Post
    Thank you for the replies

I'm really really freaking out now. I've been playing the saxophone all evening so my abdomen muscles are feeling a bit weak and shaky, and my mind is interpreting that as nausea so I'm getting really anxious that I've caught it. It's been about 8/9 hours since we were in contact with each other and since then I've been hungry and eaten well and had a completely normal bm. Is it likely that I have it? No other symptoms other than a strange feeling in my stomach which I can't tell if it's nausea or not. Trying to sleep now, but scared that I'll wake up in the night an v*.

I'm sorry, even just reading this makes me see how irrational my fears are but I can't help it. I'm so scared.
    I feel the same way about reading my posts and seeing how irrational they are, but it still does not take away the realness of the fears we have....I am thinking you are going to be fine....breath deep and try not to think so much about it...I know that is easier said than done...be strong, this too shall pass.

Peace~

I always get a fever when I have a cold. No reason to think she has anything but a normal cold.

Have no fear. Take it from me from someone who just got over a sv. I only had *d* really bad. my 3 kids a *v* and my ex *v* I don't know if it was because i did my whole "im not going to eat" thing. In the end I wish i would have ate, and i would have preferred to *v* as horrible as that sounds. Not eating and getting as sick as i did was terrible. I ended up in the hospital. I was severely dehydrated. It was a terrible experience because of what I, my phobia, did to myself. I am still recovering. physically. I'm not sick anymore, but not taking care of myself, sure made the rest of me feel terrible. I dropped 10 lbs because my phobia got the best of me. So, even if you are afraid you are going to get sick....eat chicken noodle or something just so you can keep your strength up.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~