Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I got a migraine 3 hours ago. I took Imitrex. It helped a little but I'm still in pain and now Ifeel alittle nauseas. What should Ido?
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I have never gotten an actually migraine, but I have had some headaches that were pretty bad so I wondered if maybe I did have a migraine. Mine are usually from a lack of caffeine, so I really don't know what to say. I hope you feel better soon!

I dont have too much experience with migrains, but I just wanted to tell you that I hope it gets better soon. My ex-sis in law used to get them often, and we usually had to go and get the kids so she could just lay down in a dark room, with no light, sound, disturbances, ect. Sometimes it took her a day to get over one.

I hope yours doesnt take that long!!!!

If someone can go to the chemist for you, see if they can pick u up something called buccastem, thay are especially for nausea from migranes, they are little taabs of stemitil that you put on your gum and it stops the n* and the v* xxx

Well,it's been 5 1/2 hours now and my headache is almost gone but I justkeep burping. It's taken me like an hour just to eat half a piece of toast. Buccastem-I'll haveto call my Dr. and inquire about it. She put me on Imitrex-I tried one called maxalt before that and it did'nt work at all, This doesnt seem to work much better. I'm just so afraid to v*-I just want it to go away already[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Hey Swiftette,
    I'm definitely VERY experienced when it comes to migraines. I always get pretty nauseated when I get them. The best piece of advice that I can give you is to NOT get on the computer next time you have one! Lol... no really, the television and computer and any other source of light especially when you have to concentrate on typing and such is a very bad idea when suffering from a migraine.
    Next time you get one, go into the absolute darkest room in your house, place a pillow over your head to acheive total darkness and try as best as you can to go to sleep. Sleeping is the only known cure for a migraine and though it's totally tough to sleep when you're having one... if you CAN get to sleep... it helps emensely!

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!
    ~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

You're right Rachel, that probably wasn't the smartest way to treat my migraine. I tried to look up the imitrex website first to see if I took the right dosage, ect. I was able to take a little nap-my kids were being so good this morning. My husband took them out now so I can just chill out. My stomach is starting to settle- finaley!What are your migraines like-in terms of frequency, ect. The thing tha t scares me is-When I wentto my Dr. about my lactose intolerance and asked her why lactaids, ect. were'nt helping me, her response was "they don't alwasy help everybody and you may just be one of those people who can't be treated for it"What if she says that about the migraines? I'm allergic to asprin, motrin, ect. and tylenol does'nt work. Migraines are such a disruption to life.I'm just thankful it's a Saturday!

Sorry to hear you had a migraine. I get them occasionally. I don't have anything like Maxalt or Imitrex to take--I usually just take a Phenergan and go to bed. I have a strong family history of migraines. My grandmother used to be in bed for days when she had one, but now she has medication for them and she rarely gets one. Mine are menstrual related and were a lot worse when I was on birth control. The funny thing about mine is that my nose really hurts when I get one--like a burning sensation. I sometimes get nauseated but I have never *v* from one.

If you ever have one that will not go away, make an appointment with your doctor and get a shot of Demerol and Phenergan. I've heard that works wonders!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jess

Hey again,

Glad you're feeling better now... it always helps to have someone around who's understanding of what goes on with a migraine, and I'm sure having children makes suffering from them even more difficult.

As far as it goes with me, I started out gettinga genuine migraineabout twice a year when I was 12 or 13 andat that pointthey would last for a day or so and then go away. By the time I was 18 or 19 I was getting them 5 or 6 times a year and they would last anywhere from several days to a week. The kind of migraines that I get are called "Classic Migraines" because they are preceded by "aura" where I see light spots and wavy lines about thirty minutes or so before the headache begins. During these headaches, I cannot stand light and the smell of cooking or cologne/perfume, etc... will make me feel even worse. Typically, as I said before, all I can do is go to bed and try to sleep. I've even had to leave school and work before because of a migraine.
    By21 I was experiencing chronic headaches almost daily and migrainesseveral times per yearand I was starting to have an incredibly tough time dealing with them. I've seen doctor after doctor and have had no real luck with a "cure". I guess there just isn't one.

I totally know and understand what you mean when you say that doctors often aren't any help. I've been informed by almost every doctor that while a medicine may worker for a while, usually your body will start getting used to the meds and the migraines will return. This is what's happened constantly in my case. I've taken tons of different medications, from preventative to those you take at the first signs of a migraine. I've also been told that unfortunately most migraine sufferers are going to face migraines for all their lives.

Currently I'm taking Elavil (which is technically and anti-depressant) and while I wasn't thrilled with that fact, it's really helped me quite a bit in that as of right now, while I still suffer from almost daily headaches, I haven't had a full on migraine since November. Fingers crossed I won't have one anytime soon!

This is a REALLY helpful site though... you might want to take a look :O)
    http://www.migraines.org/myth/mythreal.htm

Good Luck!
    ~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Yes Jes, my husband's friend just mentioned that he just had to go and get those shots too-I'd never heard of that before. Rachel, that's the same kind I get-the ones with the wavy lines-always in my left eye. I'll ask my Dr. about Elavil. Thanks everyone!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]