Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: FP!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the doc told me its the gastro virus =( ugh. they perscribed him zofran. its been 48 hours since this started, im so scared im gonna get it. really had a break down today

He is battling this like a champ. If you get sick, you will do the same. You may just get d.... You may not get it at all.

Just keep your hands clean, use sanitizes etc, it's just as easy to avoid even if he does have the virus! Hope you're feeling alright.

You are doing brilliantly.

Question- do you want your son to be like you for the rest of his life? I'm guessing not. You need to fight this fear.

Imagine the fear is a little monster in your head. He makes you feel sick and he makes you panic and anxious.

YOU can kill this monster. But you need to start NOW. Each time you don't panic, or don't feel anxious and afraid, you will make him smaller. Eventually, he will be so small he will diminish.

Each time you show fear, each time you panic, you will feed him and make him big again.

BE STRONG YOU x please x

FP can last a few days, just know that you can't catch it from him. If you haven't v* yet, your case is mild and you should be in the clear. Hope he's feeling better today.

I posted a freak out similar a couple weeks ago. My son woke up v* all night long into the morning hours for 5 hours. I handled him without gloves or mask and cleaned it up. I never caught it from him and I know you can avoid this too. I made sure to clean up anything touched with bleach and I washed my hands constantly. He also ate mcdonalds that day but I ate most his food since he wouldn't finish it. I felt he picked it up from school. Cheer up and keep us updated. Hope he feels better quickly
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

I eat fastfood about once a week, and the last time I had chicken mcnuggets (last month) I got sick 3 hrs later and stayed sick for 3 days with bad d and some n, my mom ate a chicken wrap and did not get sick. It does make me wonder.

It sounds like a bad case of fp to me, I'm glad you are taking him to the doctor. Good luck!