Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default FP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh so im almost 100 percent sure my son and I have FP. We went to mcdonalds today and he got a happy meal. I was nervous about eating there but my bf wanted it and so did my son. I only got fries but I took ONE bite of my sons chicken nugget. They werent pink or anything. We did some shopping and my son started complaining that his tummy. He has been doing this though lately so I didnt think much of it. We got home and I took a nap. I woke up from my nap feeling kinda off, like I need to go to the bathroom. But it was a wave of n.*. So i got up and tried to ignore it. 15 min later my son v*. He has since v* 4 more times. I feel so gross. I havent v* and I know If I went to the bathroom I would have d* but I just cant do it. I dont know why but im so scared to go to the bathroom. My son had a little bit of d*. No one believes me that its FP but it just has to be. I havent been around my son for more than 24 hours because I just picked him up from his dads today so its not like he gave it to me. UGH this sucks. Do they sell Zofran at the store???

Default Re: FP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I should also mention that we NEVER eat fast food. Ever.

and now he is just dry h* and v* up bile/saliva....ugh. worst. nightmare.

How're you feeling now? It could well be FP, especially as you don't eat fast food usually... But that's not to say you're going to v* necessarily, it'll probably just be the n*...I think you'd know by now if you were going to v*
    I hope the little guy feels better!
    Hang in there

I doubt it's from the McDonald's. usually food poisoning takes a little longer to manifest symptoms. No, zofran is a prescription. Hope you feel better soon

Since you just ate one bite, yours will probably be less severe than your poor little guy's. you can do this! I wanted to share a similar McD's experience with my 3 yr old-- we were heading to visit family in Georgia over the summer and food choices were quite limited on the way (it was later at night). My husband who has no fear of food stopped at McD's for him and my daughter a late dinner (I opted for protein bar in the gas station). He had a burger and was fine; she had chicken nuggets & same thing happened as your son. Took about 7-8 hrs, but she woke us up v* in our bed (was sharing as we were at a guest's house). Just happened once, but that was bad enough!! I feel your pain . You will be fine-- I know minutes seem like hours when stuff like this is going on at home. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by lilwng View Post
    I doubt it's from the McDonald's. usually food poisoning takes a little longer to manifest symptoms. No, zofran is a prescription. Hope you feel better soon
    My husband os serv safe qualified as he is a restaurant manager, he said food poising can start with an hour of eating the "poisoned" food. He had food poisoning not to long ago and the stomach pains started within an hour abs the vomiting diarrhea didn't start until 5-6 hours later.
    It is very possible, op, that your not feeling as sick because you only had one bite. I hope your son feels better, poor little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwng View Post
    My husband is serv safe qualified as he is a restaurant manager, he said food poising can start with an hour of eating the "poisoned" food. He had food poisoning not to long ago and the stomach pains started within an hour and the vomiting diarrhea didn't start until 5-6 hours later.
    It is very possible, op, that your not feeling as sick because you only had one bite. I hope your son feels better, poor little guy.

I suggest you get some activated charcoal capsules and have it on hand so when things like this happen you can take 2 or 3. Charcoal is what they use at the hospitals when people OD...it acts like a sponge to whatever is in the stomach.

I hope you both are feeling better.

Peace~
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear, is Fear Itself- Franklin D. Roosevelt
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How're you feeling now?
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks for replays guys. It was a rough night. Nobody got very much sleep. He v* about 7 times and was dry h* also. He has woken up just now and seems a little better but not back to normal/ I'm hoping there is no more v*. I'm not feeling as sick just kinda gross because I haven't slept much. I just think it has to be food p. guess I won't know for sure but it sure seems like it.

I have totally had fp from mcdonalds. that shit is no joke. I'm sure you will be ok, as you didnt eat that much. i hope your lil guy is feeling better soon

Weird, my friend just posted on fb that she got fp from McDonalds.

Just because you eat out and happen to have someone that is sick later does not mean it is food poisoning. You said that you do not eat out. You are now going to convince yourself never to eat out or eat at McDonalds again. Do not let this phobia win!!! I have eaten at McDonalds a billion times and have been fine. He could have had a virus. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS PHOBIA CONVINCE YOU THAT EVERY MORSEL OF EATEN OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME IS POISONOUS. THIS PHOBIA CAN MAKE YOU HAVE IRRATIONAL THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS.

Peace

Hope everyone is feeling better.

I eat out plently its just not usually mcdonalds. the reason i think it was fp is because it hit us at the same time. my stomach felt just plain awful. I have eaten at mcdonalds and other fast food places in my life and been fine too. I dont limit myself....I am fine with eating out at palces...i even enjoy it, im just careful when i do and sometimes i even take risks!!!My son could have had a stomach bug and I just ended up with feeling really sick for some other reason...but i dont know why it seems so WEIRD for someone to get fp from mcdonalds. Im just being honest when I say i dont let this phobia convince me that eating out will make me sick every time. Plus, i wasnt with my son long enough yesterday to catch it from him if it was a bug.

Good, good. I was afraid you may never eat out again. Eating out once in a while is always good. Unless you go to a doc and have tests you may never know for sure what it was. It could have been FP or a bug.

I hope both of your feel better soon.

Sorry if I sounded a little bitchy, I have an ear infection.

He is still not better. he was sick one time last night and twice today.

Its just saliva though and bile

Now im really scared because i dont know if FP would last thing long. I dont want to catch this. =(

Just breathe. This could be something like rota that only kids usually get. Hang in there.

If its not FP it sure seems like noro. Not sure how to make sure he is hydrated enough.

He was just sick again. Thats 3 times this morning. He has only been drinking some water.

I think the pinch test works. Try pinching his skin. If it goes back to normal quickly, then he is fine. If it returns slowly he could be dehydrated. You can test your own skin to get an idea how it should work. Dry sticky mouth, sunken eyes, no tears, rapid heartbeat and breathing. Try pedialyte if he will drink it. Good luck.

Are you feeding him at all? Have you called his doctor?

I havent given him anything eat yet today. yesterday he had toast and crackers. I just called his doctor and were going in a 145.

Im feeling like I cant handle this anymore. At 3 I will be alone because my bf will be going to work. Im angry that this is all on my shoulders and nobody understands why im so scared. Dont know how to handle this for the 3rd day and now that i know its probably not FP im terrified. This is too much to handle for just one person.
    Last edited by cheymcg; 12-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Oh no, this is still going on, huh? So sorry.

Just be concise like you have been with us to his doctor and they will be able to tell you if it is fp or a virus and where to go from here. I wish you both well and hoping this is almost over for you both.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Really bad food poisoning can last a few days, but the doctor will be able to tell you with a stool sample. I hope he feels better soon! You are a great mom and are doing so well.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hugs. You can do it! You have done great so far. Almost in the home stretch!