Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone had Noro and what was it like?

Just wondering if anyone had actually had the Noro virus and how did you get through it?

Default Re: Anyone had Noro and what was it like?

Relax, turn off the news, breathe, live your live. Researching Noro will not help your fear. It will keep your mind more focused on it.

I have not had noro that I know of. I have had a bout of v... and d... Did not go to the doc, so don't know for sure what it was. It was not fun. I survived the ordeal. If you get it you will survive. Some do not v..

I think I had noro when I was 8. It was what brought on my emet. I only threw up once, and it was while I was sleeping. The reason I think it was noro is because my mom & dad both caught it within 3 days. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had noro when I was 9. I threw up 3 times. That was the last time I threw up and I am 48 now. Like Doug, that was when my emet started. I believe I have had it a number of times since (having caught it from siblings then later on from my husband and kids) but I have not vomited.

I've had Noro sooooo many times, both in childhood and as an adult. It is HELL, but I've *almost* always gotten through it without v*ing. I'm somewhat embarrassed to share too much about how I get myself through it, but it does involve a lot of sitting on the bathroom floor doing breathing exercises and repeating positive affirmations in my head. I think I've reached a point where I've trained my body not to v*, because every so often when I do catch a nasty sv* and reach the point where I figure I might as well throw up and get it over with, I can't. I'll just retch repeatedly and then stop before anything comes out. Sorry if that's graphic, but I'm sure a lot of people here can relate.

Edited to add some tips: Sipping ginger, peppermint, or licorice tea, nibbling on saltines or other plain crackers (once your stomach has settled down), and laying on your side all seem to help me out a bit when I am sick.
    "I'm not saying that I know what I want. . .
    But I know what I don't, don't want to rot in my room. And never know what could have been, believe what everyone else tells me is true."