Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: so depressed

i can't seem to shake this dread feeling. i feel like i will never go anywhere with my life and i am a failure. the emet has alot to do with it, but it's not just that. i don't know what to do, who to talk to, how to make things better. i'm tired of this cycle and don't know how to stop it. any advice?

If you ever want anyone to talk to, my AIM is dwellin84 and my msn is [email protected]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I understand where you're coming from. It's so discouraging sometimes.
    The only thing I've found that helps at all is to avoid the feeling
    that you'll never feel better. I always used to think like that and I
    eventually realized that I'd feel all hopeless everytime but everytime
    I would eventually feel better. It's sort of just accepting that you'll
    have happy periods and depressed ones.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Look dont worry, I feel the same way as Im sure many people do. You cant imagine yourself doing things and some things just seem impossible. We are all talented but what affects me the most is knowing that I am not living my life to its full potential. I feel like I am letting myself and parents down.

Its a hard time for me aswell as I will be going to uni-and its kind of like a make or break time! Im sure you will work it out-i hope a day comes when we realise how wrong we have been with the way we think!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Do something for youself. I'll get my nails done one week and mabeythe next week I'll go to bath and body works for a newbubble bath,light some candles and read a magazine in the tub. These little things might make you feel better big time. Or how about taking a class? Something you've always wantedto learn. Set small easy goals for yourself and then mabey draft a 5yr plan for some big goals. Just hang in there, I know how you feel, I'm going threw a blue funk too. Donna
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon