Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pregnancy

Default Pregnancy

Me and my husband are looking to start a family within the year... but I am terrified! I want a baby so badly, but all I can think about is v*.. I dont want that day that I find out I am pregnant to be filled with panic attacks. It should be a happy moment!

Is there any advice from people who have been pregnant before about how to decrease anxiety and V*?
    Also, I am on paxil and I will have to change medication since paxil is not safe for pregnancy, which freaks me out. Paxil has been the only medication that has worked without making me nauseated or have even more anxiety.

Obviously, my goal for a V*-free pregnancy is ambitious, but not only do I not want to v* out of the phobia, but I am also afraid of the effects of constant fear on the baby.

Anyways, stories and advice much appreciated and thanks for listening

-Gauri

Default Re: Pregnancy

Talk to your doctor now. See if you can change meds now so you can adjust before that time comes. See if therapy is an option. In the meantime try deep breathing exercises or meditation. See emetophobiahelp.org for more info.

Default Re: Pregnancy

I've had my fair share of pregnancies..Now, I have two kids of my own and am raising my little brother also... Like you, I was extremely nervous about the V possibilities! BUT.... after doing tons of research, I learned (surprisingly) that only about 30% of women get morning sickness- Which includes ONLY nausea. That's what I had..And usually, that's all that most women get. And, no, it's not fun lol..But its not the same as actually being sick with a sv* either.. It's a different feeling, and much easier to control. I never V* while preg, or during labor, etc. I stocked up on Jolly Rancher candies and lemon drops; They help nausea. & the biggest trick to pushing away those feelings during pregnancy is to eat small, frequent meals..instead of 3 or 4 larger ones. It helps alot! And I agree with Cynna about maybe switching meds sooner than later..That way, you will get the right one and see how it treats you before u go off getting preggo Good Luck! Kids are amazing; U guys should totally go for it! & Most likely, u will be one of those people who hardly gets the morning sickness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.