Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy safe dinner leftovers?

I went out with my friends to a thai restaurant last night, the food was absolutely delicious, and I brought about half of it home because they gave me so much to eat. I was excited to have leftovers for lunch today, but I'm worried they went bad last night. We left the restaurant around 8pm last night, and we ended up going to the grocery store on the way home. By the time the food got in my fridge it was probably 10:15/10:30ish, so 2 or 2 1/2 hours of them sitting in a car in a chinese takeout box. Do you think in 2 1/2 hours they could have gone bad and spoiled so I can't eat them today? My Mom had a couple bites last night and didn't get any kind of bad food effects, so, are they safe to eat? I'll be pretty disappointed if I have to toss this much good food but it scares me eating things like that. The car wasn't very cold while we were in the store. It was 50 degrees outside, it needs to be much colder to be considered refrigerated.....
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: safe dinner leftovers?

I do the same thing all the time, and I've never had any ill effects from it. If it smells fine, and looks fine, then it's most likely okay
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: safe dinner leftovers?

really? food is safe to leave in the car for a couple hours? I just worry... I've been told before that food is safe to be left out for a maximum two hours, including the time it's on your plate eating it, otherwise it's spoiled..... my sister had a bowl of it around 2:30 and she didn't get sick, so am I safe to eat it really?
    Last edited by RosieRoo; 12-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend