Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Overate, on the verge of having a panic attack

Hey all,
    Mostly recovered emetophobic here. Recently found out that my parents are getting a divorce after 30 years and I've been stressed out of my mind for two weeks. I overate this morning, lots of pretzels and cheese and I am still feeling very nauseous. I took two Bonine but they haven't kicked in yet and I really can't face the idea of v*ming while I'm alone...

If anyone would be so kind to offer words of support and advice, I would be so grateful. I'm so happy I found this forum.

Default Re: Overate, on the verge of having a panic attack

This will pass very soon. Try to fart or something. Loosen your clothing to relieve pressure on the tummy if you are alone.

Sorry to hear about your parents. Hang in there. Things will work out.

I can't guarantee it's true, but I've always heard that if you take the absolute deepest breath you can (until you can take in absolutely no more air) that supposedly kick-starts digestion and might help you feel a bit better a bit sooner. Peppermint also helps ease that feeling, so if you have some strong mint gum, you might give that a whirl (it's why so many pizza and buffet places offer mints on your way out).

I'm sorry to hear about your parents.

You doing better?