Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What tattoos do you have? :)

I have one so far, my last name on the right side of my back. I am thinking about getting another one on my side of a feather with birds flying out. (representing the struggle with this phobia) What tattoos do you have??

Default Re: What tattoos do you have? :)

None. Remember it is a lifetime commitment. Some do not look good when people gain weight or age.

Came of age during the AIDS scare. It was not always safe to get one. Too scared of pain.

Make sure the place uses new needles and is clean.

I have a ying yang on my left shoulder blade that my best friend and I both got on impulse when we were eighteen...it's not the most unique tattoo but I think I got lucky cause many people later hate their impulse tattoos, but four years later and I still love mine!

I also have horseshoe imprints running across the top of my left foot, because I am a horseback rider. They are fairly intricate, not just 'u's, they are fully shaded to look like a print in the ground and have the nail holes in them. Love it!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have a cat/treble clef on my spine right below my neck, almost between my shoulder blades.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't have any but I was thinking about getting a Bible verse along the inside of my foot (not the sole)... psalm 119:105 that goes "your word is a lamp to my feet and a light unto my path".
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Right now I have one, it's a tribal looking dove that means Holy Spirit-- Got that when I was 19. Planning to get another with hubby, he's got a celtic background and has a good number of tattoos with many more planned (they are SO addictive), and designed a celtic cross for me, and for him. So I'm gonna get the celtic cross he designed tattooed on me somewhere. Can't decide where yet Also once I have kids, I want to get a tattoo for each kiddo.

I have a Pi symbol on the inside of my arm (a bit higher up than my wrist). People usually think I'm crazy when I show them! It is a bit nerdy.

BTW, I LOVE your cat/treble clef tattoo, asianeko! I've considered getting a cat related tattoo as I love my cat so much But I'd feel mean on my other pets so was thinking about paw prints.

I have a mini stickman on the inside of my forearm - he's called Stanley
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I have a pin up girl on my back, a butterfly fairy on the outside of my right leg , a sleeping moon on the inside of my right leg( i have to finish those by tying them together some how) a cat on the inside of my left leg, a flower on my right foot, my dogs paw prints on the inside of my left arm, 13 for my wedding date on the inside of my right arm, my sons name on my shoulder and a sacred heart on my ring finger, wow thats alot. I think i should be done lol and yes i regret some lol
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

Eris huh....???

Eris, that's cool! I really want a white ink tattoo, maybe the deathly hallows or a time turner, but I'm worried about the white fading too much.
    Come visit my history blog:

I have one on my upper back of my family crest

I'm 30, and got my first tattoo 2 years ago. My fiance is heavily into them (has a full sleeve, half his other arm, back of his leg and his side done). I was always too nervous to commit to any one design forever, but he kind of showed me that as long as it means something to me I should do it. So I took the leap...

I have a starfish on the top of my right foot. I'm a huge water person, always have been, so i wanted something girly that could represent that. Pain was about a 9/10. My Fiance had to hold my foot down because I was in so much pain. Completely worth it. Its visible when I wear shoes so I get compliments on it all the time.

I had debating getting a butterfly since I was 16, but held off since it's so cliche. At 30, I still wanted one, so I went for it. Its medium sized on the left side of my lower back. I absolutely love all the detail that was put into it. It's beautiful. Pain wasn't so bad, probably a 6.5/10.

Its funny - after waiting sooooo long, after getting two, I realized its really no big deal. I don't know if I'll get more, cause I believe less is more (and it will take away from what I already have), but I'll never say never. I'm so glad I took that leap
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

If anyone has a tattoo on their wrist; how much does it hurt? Because I want a bow tattooed on my left wrist

Okay hehe. Everyone I've asked said it wasn't so bad, but I'm a bit of a faggot. However, I pierced my own helix and I didn't feel a thing when I got my tongue pierced aha. Only one way to find out I guess!

One so far - in memory of my German Shepherd. It's a paw print with a heart ribbon around it on the top of my foot. I love it. Just like Babydoll said, pain was about 9/10. I'll definitely get another one, just don't know what or where.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I have four, that I did myself.. (with a tattoo needle..i do not recommend anyone trying to give themselves a tattoo with anything else, just had to say that!) One is " j-N-j " , on my heart.. for my kids (Jayde, Nick, Julian). I have a star on my arm , right above my hand- for my friend who passed away..she had three on her. I have an "S" sign on the top of my leg..and on my ankle I have " TABU ", which stands for a saying I made- "There's Always Blue Underneath". - as in, even when its stormy outside, there's still a BLUE sky underneath all the grey!..& it goes the same with life problems..no matter what bad u see, there is always good hiding also.

I have three and will shortly be getting my fourth. My daughter and I are getting "mother/daughter" tattoos on the insides of our feet. She is getting the words 'you are my sunshine' and i am getting "my only sunshine" both followed by a beautiful mother/daughter symbol. Can't wait!
    My first was an impulse one of a koala bear on my right butt cheek when i was around 25. It's kinda dorky but no one sees it except my hubby. It also makes me laugh cause my daughter was fascinated by it as a toddler-I would put her in the shower with me and she would always try to scrub it off!
    I also have the Chinese symbol for 'perfect' on my right hip bone and a tribal design of my daughter's astrological symbol on the
    back of my neck.
    I love all of tattoos and don't regret any of them.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I have a design on my left hip that spells "LOVE" when you look closely. Was inspired by the complexity of the meaning of the word... "all you need is love" / love can be painful / love conquers all... Also have a ghost orchid (remember the movie "Adaptation?"). It is in the center of my upper back and goes down my spine. I don't regret mine at all. Got the first one at 19, I think and am 31 now. Want to add to my orchid and make a larger back piece. Would also like one on my foot-- something in memory of / honor of my best friend who passed away last January. I LOVE the mother/daughter "you are my sunshine..." Tattoo idea. That's awesome! Maybe one day ( my daughters just 3 now lol).

I don't have one but I would love to get a cross on my wrist. God is always with me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

I've got 4. A snake wrapping around my ankle for my best friend of 14 years, a paw print on my ankle for one of my cats/my career (I'm a vet tech), Imagine on my upper back, a tribute to my late mother on my lower back.

Tattoos are a major obsession/addiction of mine, ive almost finished my 2nd sleeve, i have both sides of my chest and lower right leg done, im not sure what made me want to get tattood from a young age, but ive never been happy looking at plain skin on my body.

Unhappy Re: What tattoos do you have? :)

I have a mother / daughter one on my left shoulder. A garden hose wrapped around my ankle, and down my foot in remembrance for my uncle Ken. He had Down's syndrome and playing with the hose was his thing.
    I just started my third Wednesday past. It will be a garter belt, with a magnum revolver stuck in it.
    Ill try and load a photo, but I don't know if it will work from my phone.

EDIT

nope. Won't work. Ill try in the morning from my computer
    Last edited by Twinkletoes; 12-29-2012 at 02:07 AM.

I do not have any yet, but I am getting some variation of this very soon!

I need to figure out placement and perhaps tweak it to my liking or give it something to make it unique. The bird depicted is a magpie. Direct translation of my last name from Slovak/Croatian to English is 'magpie'. The magpie symbolizes so many different things in many different cultures including mischief. A perfect fit for me
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I have 3 - a big piece that goes from shoulder blade to shoulder blade - across my upper back. I have one on my left wrist (a music note inside a heart) and paw prints on my right leg (above my ankle). I am not done yet.

I have two soon to be three here soon! They are addicting! The two I have now are on my right wrist and left forearm.

I have no children but have lost 3 in two separate miscarriages, so I decided to get a tattoo so they were always with me and never forgotten. It's a baby foot with angel wings on my right wrist - I love it and it was worth the pain!

If I'm still obcessed with Harry Potter when I turn 18, I think I'll have the Dark Mark on my left wrist and the words Toujours Pur (Black family) on my back.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Dark Mark---tell me you do not support you know who---how about a lightening bolt or an owl

I have 4. A tribal heart & flower designed 'tramp stamp', A butterfly on my right shoulder from 1993, where I overcame everything enough to fly on a plane and go to Chicago alone, A broken heart/swirl on my foot (Definitely the MOST PAINFUL place), and a Pearl Jam symbol with the lyrics "Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." (I tend to consider myself a rather disposable person). I also would like the lyric "Just Breathe" inside my left wrist in the invisible 'white' ink. That will be in honor of my brother and dad, who both passed separately in 2010. It was one of the few PJ songs my dad would admit to liking. My brother was practicing it on the porch for an open mic night the night he died. He was hit by another car on the way there.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ