Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT-Ladies only- that time of the month :P

Not related to emet. anxiety at all, just curious! I get crazy cravings for chips and chocolate-- ones that basically don't go away unless I have said items. It's bad. Get super sore boobs. Gain 3-5lbs in the week before, which I lose almost immediately after getting period. Get super tired, and need to sleep a lot more. And weirdly enough, I think I'm opposite to most-- I get loose poo before, and then get constipated as soon as that time actually hits. Also hubby would tell you I get much more mood swingy- which is huge for me cuz I'm a pretty even keeled person mood wise. Almost always pretty happy. That's the one time my inner bitch comes out. My friends love it for some reason.. I think I just can be mean. Not good. Also cry. at the drop of a hat. a lot. And finally-- dizzy/light headed quite a bit in the days before, or a day or so after my period is done-- have wondered if this might be a slight iron deficiency.

Anyways. Biggest thing is wondering if anyone else gets light headed or dizzy before their period, and if they've had any testing done on whether it's iron deficiency? I'm thinking to get tested for that when I go into the doc for my next physical. Curious about other's experiences, and for those that are anemic, what their symptoms are!

Default Re: OT-Ladies only- that time of the month :P

You seriously just described my time of the month too! And yes I get light headed and dizzy too. I am sure it's fluctuating hormones, could also be from all the junk I eat from the cravings! Oops! For whatever reason, some months are waaaaaay worse than others. Last month I had horrific cramps or the first time since I was like 16! This month it was horrible boob soreness and my inner bitch came out, I had to apologize to a customer service help guy at work that I had to call because my computer locked me out. Also had to apologize to my bf and a coworker for being short with them. like you, I'm generally even keeled and happy! I feel awful but it's like idk how to stop being so ornery! And the road rage.... Lol!

some months I have horrible nausea and anxiety too. Such a joy to be a woman!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Yep I forgot to add the road rage (though that sticks around sometimes.. people here don't know how to go on or over speed limit.. *eye twitches*).. And yeah, my anxiety definitely goes up before period. The nausea can get bad for me too :P I keep thinking gosh, if I'm this bad now, what the heck am I going to be like when I'm preggo??! Bahaha watch out world.

I know!!! But my periods are like my moms were and she said once she had a child, they completely mellowed out... So I'm hoping that if and when I have kiddos mine will too! Oh and I get loose bms as well sometimes. And even though I know it's period related, I still flip out. Cuz I'm paranoid like that!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10