Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default working myself up, calm me down please -.-

Hello fellow emetophobes This is my first post and I'd like some answers as I am slowly driving myself mad! Lol.
    I was with my boyfriend two nights ago (Tuesday) and around 2 or 3 hours after I left, he vomited blood. Then he vomited again 3 times after in the same 20 minutes-half hour. He was fine for 2 hours then vomited once more and went to bed. He woke up in the morning feeling drained and weak (as you do) and he had diarrhea for a few hours then felt fine. He said he feels a lot better today and he saw a doctor and they told him to rest and drink plenty of fluids. His mum caught this `bug` last night and has had diarrhea today (sorry for being a little graphic guys) and I was wondering if I could catch it? :/ I haven't seen him in over 48 hours and wasn't exposed to any infection whilst I was there and I made my own food, but is there still a chance? I'm driving myself mad! Also, when will I be able to see him and kiss him again? I know its only been 2 days, but I miss him like crazy
    Any help would be brill

Default Re: working myself up, calm me down please -.-

Well assuming it's been 48 hours since your last contact with him and you haven't developed symptoms you should be safe! Once you have incubated the SV*/B* it takes anywhere between 12-48 hours for symptoms to kick in, although most cases start to begin after 12 hours. Hope this reassures you and I would give it 3-4 days after the symptoms have subsided just to be on the safe side.

Thank you millions! so, you're saying it will be safe to see him on boxing day and be able to kiss him and cuddle him?

Well that will be exactly a week from when his symptoms stopped so you should be fine then!

Okay, thank you

Vting blood is not a usual sign of noro, & that sounds very serious, he should have gone to the hospital.

I second Hairy. It is not normal. It could be ulcer, pneumonia, or something else that is not good. If a doc did not take it seriously or give a logical explanation, I would get a 2nd opinion ASAP.

If my boyfriend was vomiting blood, I would be going apeshit insisting that he get a second opinion. Def not normal and not a characteristic of a stomach virus.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I agree with the above posts. It definitely isn't normal. Could be anything from hematemesis to some other conditions which can be serious. Doctors should take this matter seriously... I'd get a second opinion.

He's always had problems with his ribs, but I've told him that I reckon it may be a punctured lung :/ he's had numerous amounts of xrays and blood tests. The doctors think its normal when its obviously not. He had an awful nosebleed today as well :/ I'm forever worrying about him! :'/ he's coming over soon. Just can't wait to cuddle him tbh

DUDE...get his ass to the hospital/urgent care like NOW. Nosebleeds and hematemesis are not symptoms to be taken lightly.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

He won't listen to me and the doctors keep saying that there is nothing wrong! He was vomiting again last night. Something clearly isn't right and I am so angry at the doctors for thinking its fine :@ :/

Have you called his parents? I have had to get other family involved to get my OH to take something seriously. Hope he gets checked out.