Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Question for those who have anti-emetics!

Hi guys!

So I've seen that a lot of people on here have prescription anti-emetic drugs. I know there is debate over whether they help or enable the phobia, but I feel that they would definitely help me from being so obsessive. If I knew that I couldn't *v, then I think I wouldn't let this phobia run my life so much. Anywho, I'm curious how you go about getting your doc to prescribe these. I know a lot of people are on Zofran, and having been on that once before for unrelated reasons (after a surgery) I know how effective it is. I would love to get a prescription for it to have on hand as a "rescue" remedy for the (hopefully nonexistent) times when I actually do have a bug. Does your doctor know about your emet, or is prescribed by a psychiatrist? I've been really, really struggling lately, so I'd like to try and get the ball rolling on this. Thanks so much!!

Default Re: Question for those who have anti-emetics!

Actually, here you just go to the drugstore and buy them. My other medications are prescribed by my psychiatrist.

They help? Well, I think they made my life better when I had no life at all, some months ago, but now, when I stay without them, I feel stronger than my fear "I beated it without help." If you think they can help you, then buy the meds. Tell your doctor about your phobia, and get the pills.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have zofran prescribed by my dr but its actually for me to take the week before my period because I get super nauseated and need them many times. I do feel safer having them though in case (or I should say when) the stomach bug hits my house....I have a kid in preschool...kinda feel its inevitable this year :/

Thanks guys! Does anybody have any input on which antiemetic is the most effective (in the US) at preventing V? Also, do any help with D and/or help with the overall feeling-like-death that accompanies the SV? Really hoping to get a script before I head back to college. Not exactly sure what to tell my doc, but I do get pretty severe nausea with my frequent migraines, so perhaps they'd give me something that would help that and would act as an antiemetic.