This is totally off topic, but I know that I can count on you guys to give me some good feedback and advice.

I have some issues with anger management. This is mainly directed towards my husband when we get into an argument. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I just lose control. I start throwing things and being destructive in general. Otherwise, I am a very calm and mild-mannered person. I never have this behavior at work or with anyone else, just him. I guess he is the one person who can really set me off and push my buttons. It really upsets him when I start throwing things and he can't understand why I act this way. But, it is like I just can't control it.

We got into a big argument over something minor this weekend and I did something really terrible. We were driving down the road and I was trying to get him to pull over so we could talk and he kept on refusing to do so. Well, I got more angry by the minute and put the SUV in "park" mode while we were going down the road. Our SUV is pretty new, so this really upset him. Of course, immediately after it happened, I regretted it and wish I had never let my anger get so out of control. Now we have to have the transmission fixed in it. I also said a lot of mean things that I should not have said.

I have never been to any sort of counseling or anything, but I really would like to learn some techniques to manage my anger. We have an Employment Assistance Program where I work and I think I'm going to make an appointment with them. I'm really scared to do that though. I don't want anyone I work with finding out, because I am so calm at work they could never imagine how I could get so angry at times.

I'm just really anxious about this and need some reassurance. Am I doing the right thing or should I just try to deal with it on my own?

Sorry for the long post!

Jess