Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Real Scared, Bad Day.

I have this feeling of impending doom that just shouts in the back of my head that I'm going to throw up today.... It's the event anniversary of our Christmas stomach bug tonight around 6pm, and I'm a little worried about it happening again. I woke up this morning with gas pressure and gurgling, and my shoulder and back both feel like they need cracking. I haven't felt hungry yet and I've been up for almost three hours. I have these delicious leftovers in the fridge that I don't know if they're safe or not to eat for lunch today, it was chicken and biscuits that we had sitting in my Dad's car for probably three or four hours, but it was 35 degrees outside and snowing, so I imagine it was cold enough, except for when I got the box out of the car the food was still warm somehow? My mom had a bowl of the leftovers for dinner last night and never got sick, so are they safe to eat? I'm going to have them anyways, because they're delicious so I don't know if they're gonna make me sick or not....
    ugh.
    can somebody chill me out?
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Real Scared, Bad Day.

C..., Dec 23. The day of reckoning. You were sick on this day and I was robbed. It is 2012 this year. It is not 1994 any more and it is not a repeat of the year that you were sick. We are not living in the movie Groundhogs Day.

It is not likely that you will be sick today. You mind is trying to tell you that since this is the anniversary of your sickness, it will happen again. You mind is lying to you. Your mind is thinking irrationally. Your mind is thinking that any noise from your tummy means something. THE TRUTH IS IT IS PROBABLY NORMAL DIGESTION/GETTING READY TO POOP NOISES.

Try to put on the nature music or do one of your puzzles. Enjoy the day. Refuse to let emet win and ruin your day. Kick emets a... and have fun today. Rooting for you 100%. You can do this. Prayers, hugs.

So far I've been okay Cynna, I ate my leftovers and didn't get sick from them which is great. I went to a Christmas cookie baking party and had a lot of fun, was able to endure a car ride without getting sick either Made a lot of cookies, ate a lot too. After all this sugar I know that this raging tummy noises is just rapid digestion!! I'm at home now having some dinner and relaxing, listening to music and going to try to go to bed early tonight even though I know darn well that I'll be up until probably 2:30 anyways just to make sure nothing happens. One of my friends at this cookie party had the stomach bug on friday, she feels fine today, but I know after the stomach bug is done, it's still in their body for a couple days. She touched my phone and gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek, and touched me a couple times... I made sure to wash my hands and such, and she didn't throw up or have diarrhea while she was there, so is it all good?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm thinking you will be ok. The last date we vomited we think of in the back of our head and makes us think and tricks our minds into thinking bad thoughts. I am glad you still went to your cookie party and had a good time

It's only natural for you to feel this way.. if I remembered the day of my SV* days then I would be cautious of what I do or eat. Aslong as you're not in contact with anyone who has Noro or eat any food that has instinctively gone bad then you'll be fine, there won't be any other way you can V* unless it's a very very unlikely coincidence down to a different factor. No need to worry just carry on your day as usual and hopefully if you're fine this time next time you'll be better

thanks guys it's almost past the time when I first started getting sick and I'm doing alright. My sister isn't hacking up her insides like the last time either, she's snugged in bed, which is a good sign. Now it's just to get me until 2:30 and then I can fall asleep and feel safe enough. However, I do have a few worries. At the cookie baking party, one of my friends mixing all the doughs and batters had the stomach bug on friday. Not knowing, when she got there we swapped kisses on the cheek and hugs and affection, several times during the day she borrowed my phone and she gave me a nice neck massage from a kink I got in my sleep. She was sick friday, so that was at least 24 hours before the party, she felt great, she was eating and laughing and having a great time, but I'm concerned I was exposed? Also, I don't know if her parents were sick or not but they both gave me hugs and kisses on the cheek and pats on the back and such. Just a worried willie..... thanks!

No you should be fine. You know how to protect yourself.

Did you kick emets butt and tell emet that you were refusing to be sick yesterday?

Yeah I did! I made it through alive!! I didn't get sick although I was worried about it all day and night. I woke up this morning and thought I was doomed, terrible stomach pain, but it went away, now I've been eating all day like it's my job!! Gonna bake more cookies and some muffins and bread for our morning party tomorrow and finish wrapping it's gonna be good Cynna. Yay!