Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default In a house full of sick people, help!

I'm living in hell. I posted last week that I was going to stay with family for the Christmas holidays and they all had the sv*. I was told that they are all fine now, so I decided that it would be fine for me to go down, just aslong as I washed my hands and stuff. Well, when I was on facebook on the way down yesterday, I saw my cousin was ill (the cousin I'm staying with) and I asked my gran and she said she didn't want to tell me about it because she knew I wouldn't have came! I need to share a bed with my cousin, although I'm not sure if she's v* she's still been unwell, and I could catch it because I need to sleep with her!
    However, I just accepted it, I was like, no ones been sick since last week, the house is spotless, I will be fine. But no, of course not. About 10 minutes ago someone violently v*, I heard it from the toilet. It sounded like my auntie, but then her husband came up the stairs to go to his bed with water and paracetamol. My auntie was saying last night that she keeps v* from a pain in her stomach, but I pushed that to the back of my mind because she just said it was a pain in her stomach, and she's already had the sv.
    So I just feel totally helpless, like it's inevitable that I'm going to catch something. There is only one bathroom in here, and someones just been sick all over it. I just want to cry, I really have no time to be ill. But I need to stay here until Friday. 4 more days of this hell.
    I'm sorry if this post is all over the place, I'm just so upset. I'm upset at the fact my gran never told me they were unwell, she knows about my emet. Atleast if she told me I could still be at home.

Default Re: In a house full of sick people, help!

ya my mom was sick and now my grandmother has it, so I basically feel your pain at the moment

I feel your pain. My two kids had it, my dad has it && I'm waiting for it along with my 2 year old.

Are you okay? did anyone else get sick?

same thing here. my nephews had it and my mom had it really bad this week and last weekend my dad had it. I'm afraid to eat now and every night for the past few nights I have stayed up until 4 in the morning because I'm so paranoid. I've been avoiding my mom and nephews all together because I am so afraid of catching it.

i agree. i have been avoiding and wearing my mask to avoid all this crap! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityDreams View Post
    I'm living in hell. I posted last week that I was going to stay with family for the Christmas holidays and they all had the sv*. I was told that they are all fine now, so I decided that it would be fine for me to go down, just aslong as I washed my hands and stuff. Well, when I was on facebook on the way down yesterday, I saw my cousin was ill (the cousin I'm staying with) and I asked my gran and she said she didn't want to tell me about it because she knew I wouldn't have came! I need to share a bed with my cousin, although I'm not sure if she's v* she's still been unwell, and I could catch it because I need to sleep with her!
    However, I just accepted it, I was like, no ones been sick since last week, the house is spotless, I will be fine. But no, of course not. About 10 minutes ago someone violently v*, I heard it from the toilet. It sounded like my auntie, but then her husband came up the stairs to go to his bed with water and paracetamol. My auntie was saying last night that she keeps v* from a pain in her stomach, but I pushed that to the back of my mind because she just said it was a pain in her stomach, and she's already had the sv.
    So I just feel totally helpless, like it's inevitable that I'm going to catch something. There is only one bathroom in here, and someones just been sick all over it. I just want to cry, I really have no time to be ill. But I need to stay here until Friday. 4 more days of this hell.
    I'm sorry if this post is all over the place, I'm just so upset. I'm upset at the fact my gran never told me they were unwell, she knows about my emet. Atleast if she told me I could still be at home.
    If she has been vomitting from a pain in her stomach, then that is why she is prob vomitting now. She should really see a doc if this continues.

Amber, I feel the exact same, just like I'm waiting to catch it. No one has been sick since the 24th, but everyone in the house has the cold, but I can deal with the cold. I've woken up today with a bit of a dodgy stomach, but I'm hoping that's just 'cause I've not been eating properly like holtkm, even though I know that if I get a sv* I'll probably v* whether I've eaten or not. Is you and your 2 year old okay?

Twinmom, she's not long lost a baby, really long story but she had to get surgery and ever since I think she's sick a lot. She's also a nurse though and picked up the sv* last week, although I think she was just sick the other day from her stomach not being right, but I just panicked 'cause her husband and her daughter were ill then she just v*

Ooops no, I spoke too soon. My little cousin came down with a sv* during the night. How can it even still be in the house 2 weeks later!? If I don't catch this I'll be shocked, I have no time to be ill either. I need to endure a 9 hour journey home on Friday, something which would be hard to do with a sv!!! Feeling totally hopeless

I just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel right now. You are not alone and we will get through this together.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I know it's hard to do, but try not to think about it too much. Try and keep more to yourself than with those who have gotten sick. And make sure to wash your hands. You'll get through it

Thanks Dead!
    Phoeny, I'm trying, that's why I'm on this, trying to stay away from everyone and take my mind off it, but funnily enough everyone in my house is ill and so is everyone on facebook, there is no escaping it! I've been washing my hands like crazy! I just hope that's enough. Thanks for the reply!

dont worry, we're all in the same boat here. i just met my friend and she said 3 people had noro at her xmas day meal yesterday. she wasnt showing any symptoms when i met her but you never know. you just cannot get away from hearing about it. a lady at my lunch party had it last saturday. 4 people at my work had it. my mum had it and we share a bathroom. i wish it would just go away! i never catch anythnig from kissing and cuddling my pets, but from humans, eughhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by anxious28 View Post
    dont worry, we're all in the same boat here. i just met my friend and she said 3 people had noro at her xmas day meal yesterday. she wasnt showing any symptoms when i met her but you never know. you just cannot get away from hearing about it. a lady at my lunch party had it last saturday. 4 people at my work had it. my mum had it and we share a bathroom. i wish it would just go away! i never catch anythnig from kissing and cuddling my pets, but from humans, eughhhhhhhhh
    Ahh, It really is everywhere! But if your friend wasn't showing symptoms then you are all good It's always so bad when someone in your house has it and you have to use the bathroom and every other room in the house, it just makes you feel totally doomed! Everyone in the house I'm in just now had it, and my little cousins just caught it, so I'm left thinking, I'm next!! I know, I really wish the sv* wasn't contagious!

me & my two yr old is ok, so far. I'm like you. I keep thinking i'm lucky if i dont catch this. I hope you really dont get it- BigCity. Let me know ifyou're okay and i'm here if u need me. I will hope and cross you dont get it.. No one has the time, or energy to get sick like that

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Williams View Post
    me & my two yr old is ok, so far. I'm like you. I keep thinking i'm lucky if i dont catch this. I hope you really dont get it- BigCity. Let me know ifyou're okay and i'm here if u need me. I will hope and cross you dont get it.. No one has the time, or energy to get sick like that
    That's great, hopefully the both of you stay well! I'm thinking that too, hopefully we are lucky enough to escape it haha I'm better now, not as panicky! Thanks so much!

Strange question but have you ever spoken to your doctor about your anxiety. Sometimes they prescribe Anti Emetics (Anti Sickness) tablets like Domperidone, which we help with your anxiety as it will reduce nausea and thus remove the vomiting element.

I spoke to my doctor last time I was there, I told him about my emet, and how it was affecting me, cause I've lost so much weight and barely eat anything now, but he ignored me. I was also there because I needed antibiotics for a urine infection, so he gave me antibiotics and never said a word about my emet. I didn't want to bring it up again because I already felt like such an idiot. I've not been back since. And tbh, I wouldn't say my emet is as bad as others, I only get really bad when there is actually a chance I might v*. I am going to the doctor in January though, cause I want to get a new doctor and stuff, so hopefully my next doctor will listen to me!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityDreams View Post
    I spoke to my doctor last time I was there, I told him about my emet, and how it was affecting me, cause I've lost so much weight and barely eat anything now, but he ignored me. I was also there because I needed antibiotics for a urine infection, so he gave me antibiotics and never said a word about my emet. I didn't want to bring it up again because I already felt like such an idiot. I've not been back since. And tbh, I wouldn't say my emet is as bad as others, I only get really bad when there is actually a chance I might v*. I am going to the doctor in January though, cause I want to get a new doctor and stuff, so hopefully my next doctor will listen to me!
    What a shame your doctor didnt speak to you. I would definitely look at getting another doctor, it is the duty of care to at least have a chat about your options. When I told my doctor, they didnt even know what it was until I told them, and then they gave me some Domperidone. Alot of my nausea comes from when I eat unhealthy things, so I try to stay clear. These tables do seem to help when im feeling a bit under the weather.

Yeah, in the New Year I'll see about getting a new doctor, one that listens to me. I hate getting ill, I feel my doctors quite lazy and generally doesn't even listen haha, so I hate going to see him. I never take anything for n* but I'll ask about those tablets.. just incase! Thanks!