Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: mom has sv now

Default mom has sv now

Just found out my mom has the sv, she's already v* and d*. I told her to just stay in bed and rest, but she refuses and now shes in the kitchen, handling everyone's food even though I told her not to and that we'd all get sick. I don't want to eat at home now, just wanna eat out the next few days but it just seems kinda weird to do so.

Default Re: mom has sv now

Why don't you offer to help cook the food? Then you can eat the food that you cooked. No one has to know that there was a devious plan to offer your help in cooking.

Hang in there. Wash hands like normal.

She is highly stubborn. I am more than willing to cook and clean but she just won't stay out of the kitchen, and won't do anything I suggest. I keep telling her its highly contagious and she doesn't seem like she cares if she infects everyone.

Sounds like my nanny (grandma). She worked herself to the bone on the holidays. She would never stop, had to do everything. Keep trying.

I am sure she is washing her hands real good. Do you have gloves she can use to make the food?

She may not be contagious. It could be something she ate. You never know.

Well we just got back from a vacation in Las Vegas, so we were all eating the same food. I'm not entirely sure how she got it, but she seems to have all the symptoms.

Hang in there. There have been many members here whose family members were ill and they did not get sick.

I hope so, but did their members active touch all their food? lol Anyways thanks for the support, I hope the rest of my family doesn't get sick.