Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Good morning everyone,

I was doing so well for the past few days until I found out just now
    that a co-worker, whom i sat next to at a meeting yesterday, has an SV.
    What's worse is she came back into the office today!

What are the odds that I could have caught it during our brief meeting yesterday? Starting to get a little panicky....

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

Try and relax though I know it's hard. Firstly you don't know that it is a SV, maybe she drank too much last night and wont admit it, maybe she ate something weird. The thing with food poisoning is it has diff onset times so it is mistaken for a SV. And even if it is a SV you'd have had to swap spit with this woman to even stand a slight chance of getting it.

I know it's hard but try and stay rational. *hugs*

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thank you hippychick for your response. I feel a bit better.

Best,

Lewis

I am new with the IES forums and also a {past} certified nurses aid for over 11 years, now I'm a CPA. Your co-worker could also be suffering with food poisoning. I myself had what I think may have been an sv many years ago {d only and almost vd several times} but it would have been literally impossible for me to go to work. People I have known with an sv are usually drained and weak for a day or two. People are always so quick to think they have an sv but there are a lot of other reasons to have d and v also. Remember that in order to catch it you have to come in hand to hand contact with the person. Or if you were sitting next to this person and she sneezed or coughed, she is spreading germs this way. Another point to remember is that a prson with an sv is not contagious until they are showing symptoms. I hope this helps. larissa

How are you now Lewis? Hippychick is right unless you swap spit with her I don't see you catching this, maybe its not sv. This is wierd because on Sunday I was talking to a guy who lives in my building and we were chatting away, on Wednesday morning he didn't look good at all, he said he is going to the doctors because since Monday night he has been puking non stop, he is feeling dizzy and this isn't like him at all, it turned out that he has a inner ear infection, that is why he was dizzy, he was off balance and with that he vomited and vomited. Could be anything with you co-worker
    Take care.

Thanks everyone for checking in. So far, so good. The ironic thing is
    that this morning we met a client who too had baeen v*! The way it came
    up was we said "hi, how are you" and her response was "better, I'm
    eating again." She is pregnant and mentioned that 1st trimesters are
    always bad for her, so it is possible that it was just morning
    sickness. I got a little worried because I shook her hand and she
    poured us water for the meeting.

Even if it were a sv, she'd probably be long past being contageous at this point.... right? [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone,

Lewis

You should be fine, on both counts. The pregnant lady sounds like it was morning sickness especially if she said the 1st trimester is worse for her it sounds like thats what she was getting at, and fortunatle that's not contagious. As for your co-worker I agree that it may not even be a virus and if it is you werent' in the right kind of contact to catch it. Just keep your hands clean before eating or touching your face and you should be fine! Glad your'e feeling a bit better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin