Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Trying not to have a panic attack!!

This sucks, its Christmas Eve!
    I randomly started feeling sick whilst wrapping the last of the presents and I know I'm partly panicking cos I'm shaking really bad and feel scared. I'm terrified its the start of Norovirus or food poisoning. I've taken an anti-sickness (my coping mechanism) but I still keep getting waves of stomach pains and nausea. What do I do, I don't want this to wreck Christmas!!

Default Re: Trying not to have a panic attack!!

Have you eating too little? Have you eaten too much? Hang in there. Breathe.
    Last edited by Cynna; 12-24-2012 at 06:19 PM.

I've not eaten since 6 pm but my blood sugars are fine. I feel a little bit better now, still queasy, a lot more relaxed though. Though I still feel really on edge. I sort of panic, then relax a bit, then panic again. I felt really thirsty but every time I drink I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I'm scared to go to sleep in case I am sick and I'm far too panicky now anyway. I'm so sorry bothering people on Christmas Eve but I really do not cope well nausea/vomiting. I think sometimes its nice just to tell someone and get reassurance. Helps the phobia a bit.

The panicking, then relaxing, then panicking, makes it sound more like you are having really bad anxiety than a sv* or fp*. If you had either of those, you'd have pretty steady n* going on. Did you have a bad experience during a previous holiday season? Maybe you're worrying over repeating the past. I tend to build things up in my head, too, like, "Oh, it's (insert holiday here), I CAN'T get sick or I'm going to ruin it for everyone!" Could be that you are doing that. Just try to relax, take your anti-emetic of choice if you absolutely need to, and nibble on something bland. Doesn't sound like a sv*. Good luck.
    "I'm not saying that I know what I want. . .
    But I know what I don't, don't want to rot in my room. And never know what could have been, believe what everyone else tells me is true."