Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default people who HAVE to post on Facebook about getting the SV.

Don't you hatehatehate when NON-emets who have no understanding of the fear that we have just update about v* pretty much the duration of the time they're sick?!

I have a family member who lives far away who posted about passing the SV throughout her entire immediate family, and everytime someone v*, she seemed to post about it.

I understand no one is going to limit what they post just so poor little old me doesn't freak out and think I'm going to contract a virus by reading a status on the internet, lol, but ugh, I just think it's so annoying that people post that. Scares the crap out of me.

Kelleigh Nicole
    24 - F - MA - Mommy to Kallie & Damyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: people who HAVE to post on Facebook about getting the SV.

Relax, breathe.

See thread in private/general noro has already affected emets in us/uk/aus/worldwide.

I hate that. they have to post every minute of their sv as well too. UGH
    It seems to last...forever.

I probably saw 5 posts about v*ing on Facebook today. HATE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Williams View Post
    I hate that. they have to post every minute of their sv as well too. UGH
    It seems to last...forever.
    Personally, I think they cant be that sick if they are able to get on their computers and post about it. Most people exaggerate.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    Personally, I think they cant be that sick if they are able to get on their computers and post about it. Most people exaggerate.
    This. My older sister came down with some sort of stomach virus earlier this evening. Fortunately for my sake, she lives 3 hours away lol but I only found out thanks to handy dandy Facebook.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    This. My older sister came down with some sort of stomach virus earlier this evening. Fortunately for my sake, she lives 3 hours away lol but I only found out thanks to handy dandy Facebook.
    Anytime people get sick with vomitting or diarrhea they blame it on the stomach flu. My doctor told me something like half the time, it isnt virus related, but food poisoning or other factors, especially when multiple people get sick very close together (some people it hits earlier than others) .

I've seen one person post about it near me, and it's one of my good friends I was going to visit tomorrow. Plans have obviously been cancelled. My mom also went to the ER today due to an infection on her breast where she had a procedure done, naturally dad feels the need to tell me about how there must be something going around since there was a guy very violently ill in the ER. My response to that was 'Great, Dad. Just what I wanted to hear'. lol.

But try not to focus on it. Facebook and the media can make it seem like everyone is getting sick. It's true that the numbers could be rising at the moment, but the chances of you getting sick is still not all that likely. And if you wash your hands properly the chances decrease even further. Just remind everyone you live with or are close to to wash their hands, etc. You'll be fine.

As for the FB posts, just remember everyone feels the need to talk about every little thing in their lives and they often exaggerate things. I don't know how many times I've seen 'uggghhh... so sick' on FB when all they had was a stuffy nose. Just ignore it. And if it becomes too much try to stay off of FB or Twitter or any other social media site for a while.

Yup, I can totally relate.. Some one in my area updated their status on the 20th saying they have the SV*, so I was annoyed and logged off Facebook. Since then, I don't want to see anyone in my area, just in case.

Also, I despise the people that just say 'UGH, I've just v*' then a few hours later 'UGH, I've just v* again!' I mean, really... Even non-emets wouldn't want to know that to be honest..

Some people on Facebook updates EVERY TIME they do something.. Ranging from visiting somewhere to stroking their cat..
    Last edited by Rls1994; 12-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.

I don't hate it at all. I applaud it. It's useful information. What I hate is people I spend the whole evening with and then say something like, "well this was fun. I didn't think I could have fun tonight because I had the stomach flu all day."

The response to a vomit post on Facebook shouldn't be to panic. We should be happy that we have that information that we probably wouldn't have if it weren't for the Internet.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Doug, Doug, Doug shaking my head. That did not make much sense. Did I miss something?????

I have to agree with Doug in some sense. If my friends are posting about v it lets me know who to avoid. It gives me a panic attack for a second and I have to think about when was the last time I saw them but when I discover that I haven't seen them in a week, I know I'm safe. :P

Ok I think I get it. If you know someone is sick you can avoid them for a period of time.

We should always in a good practice of washing our hands, though.

I take back everything I said. It is anxiety inducing and I hate it. I have been seeing a plethora of posts lately. Omg
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Everyone get off FB and relax.