Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is it may yet?

Angry Is it may yet?

So, last Thursday my 5 year old had a sv*. I was at work and my mom/dad tended to him.
    He got mad at my 6 year old Friday and blew into his face.
    Saturday morning around 4 am, my 6 year old v**..once.

Now, my father told me he's getting sick. It just hit him, not v*** , YET.

I hope he's okay, and it's just my sister in law's cooking..

This will be the third sv*** my 5 year old has brought home since this school year.
    IS IT MAY YET? I'm so ready for my loves to be OUT of school.
    Now, i'm just hoping my 2 year old doesn't get it, which i found him drinking out of my 6 years old drink today while i went to the car. UGH.

I hate it.. i hate it.. I hate it..

Default Re: Is it may yet?

As I'm typing right now with my mask on, my dad is in the bathroom v** . I have my two year old beside me in case he gets sick.
    GOD. I won't sleep none TONIGHT.

when it rains, it pours.

MAJOR PANIC RIGHT NOW.

PANIC ATTACK-.

Aww I'm so sorry It's rough going through all of this! Just keep breathing, you will make it through this. Nobody will die, and worst case this will make someone feel gross for a couple days, then be fine again I would recommend maybe having your kiddos try probiotics, they may not prevent stomach bugs totally but will definitely help boost their immune systems! It really sounds like the bug is a pretty mild one, if your 6 yr old only v once! Just keep cleaning, loving on your kids, and taking deep calming breaths. You can do this!!!

Thanks Sweetie!!! While i read this, i could actually feel calm.
    Thank you for making me feel calm out of these few days.
    I will look into that.
    My 5 year old didnt go to pre k , so I guess it's just him catching up on catching different strains of viruses?
    I just feel like complete manic and the worry, the worry about the waiting and it'f its goig to hit me is what kills me and makes me the craziest.
    Thank you so much!! I will try that. Anything to boost them up!

Glad I could help in a small way! I would guess that his body is just adjusting to all the new germs yep, that's why I figured a probiotic would be helpful for him!

I can totally understand feeling that way, I would be too!! The waiting is absolutely the worst. I remember when I got food poisoning last time it was the lead up that killed me, I remember after I v* it was like oh.. well that really wasn't as bad as my phobia says it is! But anyways, I do really think that this bug is a mild one. Also, what kids will get they'll get, but you can prevent getting it by just washing hands a ton, and not touching face unless you've scrubbed hands Also use lysol spray on everything haha.

You can do this!! A breathing technique that my therapist taught me when I'm really anxious/panic attack type mode is to breathe in through your nose as if you are smelling 100 roses, slowly and trying to breath in a way that your stomach moves first (almost pulling your diaphragm down), then your chest. When you can't breathe in anymore, hold for a couple seconds, and then with pursed lips, blow slowly as if you are blowing out 100 candles. Do this until you are completely empty of breath. Repeat. This is called diaphragm breathing and it helps our bodies relax and get us out of panic mode (which involves shallow fast breathing). This is even more relaxing if you are laying on your back on the floor.

Anyways, hope this helps!
    Last edited by HEH18; 12-26-2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: misspelled a word

You are so WONDERFUL! Thank ou so much for the breathing techniuqe. I'm going to practice this and pratice this. You're perfect and thank you so much for calming me down. You have made me feel a hundrend times better. I agree. The waiting is actually more stressful than the actually duty of it when it happens!!! I so hope this passes because I cant handle this. I would love a full week of non v*** kids .. Ty you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Williams View Post
    You are so WONDERFUL! Thank ou so much for the breathing techniuqe. I'm going to practice this and pratice this. You're perfect and thank you so much for calming me down. You have made me feel a hundrend times better. I agree. The waiting is actually more stressful than the actually duty of it when it happens!!! I so hope this passes because I cant handle this. I would love a full week of non v*** kids .. Ty you again!
    Amber-

My children didnt go to preschool or day care either, so when they started Kindergarden, they had 2 stomach virus in one year, about 5 bouts of strep, pink eye, etc, etc. Because they weren't exposed earlier on, the caught EVERYTHING and ANYTHING! But, it does get better. Every year it got less and less, and when they got sick it was less severe each time. A lot of people by me have had the stomach thing, but it wasn't horrible. Most had just d or vomitted once or twice and were fine within a day. Hang in there!

I'm sorry you're going through this during the holidays. Worst possible time for everyone to get sick. =/

But the breathing techniques do work wonders. In our times of panic we often forget to just calmly breath everything in and out. Everything will be ok, you'll get through this. And May will come sooner than you think. =) Trust me, I'm also counting down the months to the carefree days of summer. lol.

Oh twins,that makes me feel better to know it will get better

My dad hasn't v in 3 hours. He says he too sick to go to to the ER . He's been sick over 12 hours!!!!!!! I pray he's better

and phenyx, ty you so much girl!!! and yes, carefree summers are awesome girl
    its sad I think that wish my life away.