Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnancy and emetophobia, bad mix?

For all the emetophobic moms out there, is pregnancy even harder with emetophobia? I want kids some day but I fear getting pregnant because of the emetophobia. Any advice?

Default Re: Pregnancy and emetophobia, bad mix?

Hey girl!
    I've been pregnant 3 times ( 3 kids ) and I never once v*** while pregnant.
    i was always afraid, scared, and worried I would get sick, but never did.
    With my last pregnancy, I was nausea all the time, but the doc gave me some meds that helped. Don't be afraid!!!!!
    I think the more you think about, the less it will happen!

My mom said she also never v* and that she was just nauseous the whole 9 months but I know everyone reacts to pregnancy differently. I don't mind being nauseous at home but if I get nauseous outside of my house I have awful panic attacks and I work full time. Typically when I'm at work or out I'll fast until I get home and I know I won't have to leave the house again for the rest of the night and I obviously can't fast if I'm pregnant because it would obviously be bad for the baby. Blah, there's just so much to consider with this stupid phobia.

i agree, sweetie. Alot to think about. my phobia hit me, i was okay, i got pregnant with my two, and my phobia come back towards my unexpected suprised pregnancy number 3. I worried, stressed, and had panic attacks about v**.
    I hope you think it out. I did that too. i thought, oh the morning sickness and then after having the baby, what about if the baby gets sick alot.

babies are great, but i know it will take some time to think about it all

I would love to have kids one day but like I said I'm just so worried about endangering my baby's health. :c

I had bad nausea in the first trimester, but I was also preggo with twins, and i guess that can increase hormones and morning sickness. Wasn't great, but I dealt with it, doc gave me zofran and I never puked.