Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default want to go out but woke up feeling odd :(

Hey everyone, hope you had a nice Christmas.

I really want to go spend the money I got for Christmas today but I woke up feeling odd. I think most of it is throat n* but my stomach feels horrible and I feel like I can't swallow properly.

I had d* on Christmas day quite bad and put it down to rich food. Yesterday I had a buffet (not a healthy one admittedly!) but felt mega hungry before bed. I didn't eat anything but my stomach was really rumbling.

This morning so far I've eaten breakfast biscuits. I just hate this gaggy feeling in my throat and worried my stomach will start going even more weird if I go out. What should I do?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: want to go out but woke up feeling odd :(

Well, hopefully you went out, found some deals, and had a good time and chalked up this mornings experience to anxiety.

I agree with Cynna, I woke up feeling yucky today but forced myself to take my son to see the hobbit, wasn't easy but I got through and am proud of myself that I didn't stay home feeling sorry for myself! These are the times that we need to stretch ourselves as fear feeds on fear and creates more anxiety!
    I once heard that waking up with anxious feelings is not an indication of the day ahead but a hangover from how we felt yesterday! This is something I now tell myself and on the whole it works!
    Hope your feeling better now!

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlestranger View Post
    Hey everyone, hope you had a nice Christmas.

I really want to go spend the money I got for Christmas today but I woke up feeling odd. I think most of it is throat n* but my stomach feels horrible and I feel like I can't swallow properly.

I had d* on Christmas day quite bad and put it down to rich food. Yesterday I had a buffet (not a healthy one admittedly!) but felt mega hungry before bed. I didn't eat anything but my stomach was really rumbling.

This morning so far I've eaten breakfast biscuits. I just hate this gaggy feeling in my throat and worried my stomach will start going even more weird if I go out. What should I do?!
    Sounds a lot like Tonsilitis. When I get tonsilitis I get a gaggy feeling in my throat and I cannot swallow at all. Also tonsilitis does make you feel quite sick, yet only very rarely do people actually vomit.