Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Constant N* cycle..could really use some help

It literally feels like my nausea is never ending. It seems almost constant. The worst part about it is that it feels different every single time though! I know this is most likely mental but it's very hard to deal with because I can't convince myself that I'm not sick because the n* feels "different". I think that I may have IBS-C but I have never been officially diagnosed. I am often very gassy and bloated and have very irregular bowl habits (often constipation).
    Anyways, all last night I felt nauseous and could not sleep. I woke up feeling the same way but was able to eat breakfast (however I felt very nauseous afterward). I was feeling a little better for the rest of the day but after lunch my stomach (lower and upper) started gurgling. This does happen sometimes for me but it is still worrisome. So then, a few hours later, I ate some ice cream for a snack because I was feeling a little better. Well that was a huge mistake because right after I had a HUGE flare up of nausea. Like it was extremely intense for like 2 minutes then it subsided a little bit. I am currently stil having it and I am really worried. I am also really gassy now (tmi sorry).
    I could be a little bit lactose intolerant but this does not always happen to me when I eat ice cream.
    Does this sound like the beginnings of noro? or just ibs? or something else?
    I would really appreciate some advice.
    Also if anyone has any input on what I could do to deal with my possible IBS i would really appreciate that too!

Default Re: Constant N* cycle..could really use some help

Metamucil can be good for IBS. It is pretty cheap. I prob have undiagnosed IBS.

Are you on any BC pills? Any other meds that cause nausea?

Sounds like something other than the sv. Whatever is the cause, your anxiety is making it worse. If you are eating it is defintely not a sv.

I would start doing a food/poop/n... diary and make an appointment with your doc for a checkup. By the time you get the appointment, you can show him if there are any trends in your symptoms. Could be dairy, gluten, or some food allergy/intolerance. Pepsi made me n.. for a while, but Coke does not. Go figure....You can also speak with him about any anxiety treatments.

Hang in there. Hope you feel better.

I can sometimes have lactose issues. I cannot eat Papa Murphy's due to the cheese, but can eat Pizza Hut. Sometimes it seems brand specific or something for me.

Well the thing is I have had stomach problems for like 5 years and i already got an endoscopy and a barium test and have gone to a gastrologist but they ofund absolutely nothing! It's so frustrating! Sometimes I get nauseous from ice cream sometimes I dont. That's pretty much how it is for me with everything. I have already tried monitoring what I eat but I havent really found anything specific.
    As for the meds, I am on BC but I have been for about a year now. And today I just started taking Culturelle and I'm thinking that may contribute to the tummy upset.
    Anyways thanks for the advice. I might try keeping another journal to see if I can find any new triggers.

Keep asking people on this site. There was a thread recently about others who are n... all the time. Good luck!

http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...4572-Eating-N*
    Last edited by Cynna; 12-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.