Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey

Well ok lets start at the start, I went to Manchester where i planned to stay for 2 months but things...didn't work out. A small part of it was cos the woman I stay with was always saying she felt ill and her mum was sick. But that was only a small part i promise. I wouldn't let emet ruin things. But anyway I came back to Scotland.

My stomach is messed up. My anxiety has been a little heightened and I was coping. My stomach gets sore when I am hungry, I dont feel hunger just pain. I think it's cos I didnt eat well in Manchester.

SO tonight I woke up feeling....not right. I got up and got gum, but ended up gagging over the toilet. I really thought this was it. which felt unfair sinceI didn't even feel THAT sick! The gagging stopped. Now my stomach is sore but I am not panicked. But when I gagged I just lost it and sobbed because it felt so unfair I had followed my rules (no meat etc) and yet I was still sick.

The anxiety is gone now and I'm just sleepy but I'm very scared this willbecome a regular thing. I have never made myself gag from anxiety before, but then I have never gagged without V* before so it makes no sense. I thought I knew my body but this is new on me!

If I had truely felt sick I would probably have wanted to be ill and get it out, but I didn't which is why i think I panicked so hard. It just seems lately that my panics are hard and fast LOL like before i knew it was coming and learned to cope and now they come...Boom horrible anxiety from no where and then gone again. In my day to day I dont feel that anxious. I'm coping with life things.

Anyway sorry for the babble. I just need to know why this is happening and what i can do now so it wont be worse and also WHY did I gag? My body is mean to me lol

xxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I've had that problem before, it wont be a regular thing. Its the anxiety, the muscles being tense all that it seems. I hope you are feeling better now!

And I love your icon, Im a huge x-fles fan

Hi Louise,

I'm sorry that you're going through this.

I really don't have any answers about why you gagged the way you did. I have problems with anxiety quite a bit, and I do know that if I'm feeling panicked, it's often worse at night.

Sometimes I wake up in a panic because I've had a nightmare. I don't often remember what I was dreaming about, but when I wake up I also have that feeling of "not right". I'm not sick, there's nothing physically wrong with me, but I'm just feeling "off". I would imagine that if I would go into the bathroom I could gag quite easily, but instead I take a lot of deep breaths through my nose, and tell myself over and over to relax, I'm okay, stuff like that. That's worked for me every time, but at the time it feels like nothing's going to help.

If nothing I've said helps, know that there's folks out here who are in the same boat.
    \"... and but for the sky there are no fences facing....\"-- Bob Dylan

Oh, and are you still online? If so, how are you feeling now?

Hey thank you for your replies.

I guess it just shocked me that after all this time, after all these panic attacks my anxiety can still suprise me with something new! I was feeling sick earlier in the night too.

I am feeling better but my stomach is sore. Like I say thats a thing right now, I don't seem to get hunger. But then my stomach has been through a lot lately because when I was in Manchester I couldn't eat all day at work.

I was trying my relaxation and I gagged so i ran to the toilet and retched. I imagine it was just anxiety, but I hate that my anxiety can do that to me! It's always thinking of new and interesting ways to scare me!

Xxx

Thanks for the compliment on my icon, I love the X-Files and Gillian anderson. hehe
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Sometimes the best way to deal with something like this is to just put it out of your mind. It may never, ever happen again. If you're feeling tired, try to get some sleep, and fall asleep thinking about your favourite things.

yeah that is scary i hate to gag.... Are you going to see a dr.? Or does your stomach get like this often?

Thats really cool, I've got all the dvds :> I so love Mulder and Scully as a couple, so cute

Quote Originally Posted by alongmoore

Hi Louise,</font>

I'm sorry that you're going through this. </font>

I really don't have any answers about why
    you gagged the way you did. I have problems with anxiety quite a bit,
    and I do know that if I'm feeling panicked, it's often worse at night.</font>

Sometimes I wake up in a panic because I've
    had a nightmare. I don't often remember what I was dreaming about, but
    when I wake up I also have that feeling of "not right". I'm not sick,
    there's nothing physically wrong with me, but I'm just feeling "off". I
    would imagine that if I would go into the bathroom I could gag quite
    easily, but instead I take a lot of deep breaths through my nose, and
    tell myself over and over to relax, I'm okay, stuff like that. That's
    worked for me every time, but at the time it feels like nothing's going
    to help.</font>

If nothing I've said helps, know that there's folks out here who are in the same boat.</font>

the same exact thing happens to me - i could never describe it. thanks!

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I also gag when I get extremely anxious, I absolutely hate it. Gagging scares the crap out of me. It happens very very rarely though. Really really minty gum seems to help me - like Dentyne Ice arctic chill.

Gagging is not something that I enjoy either. It can leave your throat very sore, and your stomach sore as well. A while back I remember feeling very sick at my mom's, and leaning in front of the toilet, sure I was going to get sick, but I only gagged. I felt better after gagging, but my throat was killing me after, and my tummy was sore. I was thankful that I didn't get sick, but angry at my stomach for forcing me to gag.

Yet, this incident helped me to realize that I view my stomach as my enemy. How can my own body and it's functions be my enemy when getting sick is my stomach's way of helping me to get rid of nasty stuff that can really make me sick? How can I hate and fear something that tries to help protect me from serious illness?

Getting sick is not pleasent in the least. I still hate it, and still fight it. ButI need to stop fighting with my own body, and learn to accept that my stomach is my friend, and reacts to poisons and toxins, and tells me when something is wrong so I can take care of the problem. It will be a long road to acceptance and making my stomach my friend, yet I know that when I finally do, I can be at peace and not live in fear anymore. Edited by: sparky2004
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Hey thanks again for all your support. I managed to get more sleep but I am physically drained and exhausted today. I ate a cookie and some mashed potato but I feel sick, I'm not sure why but I'm getting tired of it now lol

See I always thought when I finally got sick it would be cos I felt really sick and it would be a relief. So to gag when I didn't even feel that ill really upset me becuase I was sure I would get no relief from it.

Anyway, I have taken it easy today and hopefully will be ok tommorrow. Thank you loads.

Oh and I have all the X-Files videos lol I cant afford the DVD's but I have seasons 1-3 that my mum won!

Hi Hippy Chick, yes this happens to me when I get MAJOR anxiety that I might V. Something happens in my brain, and my stomach becomes manipulated into thinking I will V. I dry heave and nothing comes out. Thankfully this doesnt happen very often. I try my hardest to talk myself out of the anxiety and convince myself that I will be ok. Usually an anti-naseaunt for peace of mind. Eat lots of fruit and vegtables and It was reccomended by my doctor to take Ginger tablets (herbal) to calm the stomach. They can be taken daily but of course you want to talk to a pharmacist before taking anything....hope you feel better...yes this gaggin dreadfully normal for us emets, as I have found.
    Feel better!

I love the X-files you are talking to a HUGE X-Phile! Anyway maybe the reason you gagged was from anxiety I don't know why but sometimes that happens to me too! It's usually related to anxiety and when it happens I just try to take some deep breaths and calm myself down...If it happens I try to just go somewhere and watch TV or listen to music just calm down is all. I hope I was a help! I love your ICON! I wish I could afford the X-files DVD's but I'm poor! When I get a job I'll probably start buying them...I even thought about getting a tattoo of Scully on my back. It's a tattoo of her holding a dove and a sword and she has angel wings...if anyone is interested in seeing the pic that I'm talking about just PM me or E-Mail me and I'll send it to you!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yay for X-Philes, I adore the X-Files and Gillian. The picture you are talking about sounds familiar, are you at www.gagc.net by any chance? Maybe not lol I need a job so I can afford the rest of the DVD's!

xxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by sparky2004

Gagging is not something that I enjoy either. It
    can leave your throat very sore, and your stomach sore as well. A while
    back I remember feeling very sick at my mom's, and leaning in front of
    the toilet, sure I was going to get sick, but I only gagged. I felt
    better after gagging, but my throat was killing me after, and my tummy
    was sore. I was thankful that I didn't get sick, but angry at my
    stomach for forcing me to gag.

Yet, this incident helped me to realize that I view my stomach as my
    enemy. How can my own body and it's functions be my enemy when getting
    sick is my stomach's way of helping me to get rid of nasty stuff that
    can really make me sick? How can I hate and fear something that tries
    to help protect me from serious illness?

Getting sick is not pleasent in the least. I still hate it, and still fight it. ButI
    need to stop fighting with my own body, and learn to accept that my
    stomach is my friend, and reacts to poisons and toxins, and tells me
    when something is wrong so I can take care of the problem.
    It
    will be a long road to acceptance and making my stomach my friend, yet
    I know that when I finally do, I can be at peace and not live in fear
    anymore.
    I just really wanted to reply to what you said.
    That is EXACTLY how i feel, that my stomach and intestines are my enemy
    &gt;.&gt;;; i've even thought before "wouldn't it be cool if a human
    body was just a head and neck attached to legs" -_-; i never
    really thought of it before though that that was a problem.. wow I'm
    going to have to remember that, that i should like those parts of
    my body.. i'm just glad that someone else feels the same way

and btw to keep this relevant with the main topic, i have never
    actually gagged out of anxiety before (although it seems really normal
    reading the other replies!) but, i do gag when i get really disgusted,
    like when i smell something bad. I don't do that often now, but i used
    to all the time -_-;; gaggings not fun..