Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Newbie with MASSIVE phobia of s***

My name's Sammy and i'm 16.
    I've suffered with emetophobia for as long as I can remember and it's controlling my life.
    I have panic attacks daily, As soon as I feel nauseous it's tears and screaming. I sound pathetic,
    I failed my exams because I walked out of 3 due to panic attacks and can't hold down a job.
    Councillers are not helping and hospital think i'm faking..

So there's my intro

Hope I can finally get some help here <3

Default Re: Newbie with MASSIVE phobia of s***

Go to emetophobiahelp.org and print out pages from this site and the other for your counselor. This can be a great place, but you owe it to yourself to continue to seek medical help if it has taken over your life. This is a real phobia. If your doc does not see the light and acknowledge it, find another one. We help each other the best we can, but most of us have no medical training. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Go to emetophobiahelp.org and print out pages from this site and the other for your counselor. This can be a great place, but you owe it to yourself to continue to seek medical help if it has taken over your life. This is a real phobia. If your doc does not see the light and acknowledge it, find another one. We help each other the best we can, but most of us have no medical training. Welcome.
    Thank you for replying. I have antisickness tablets which work but i'm terrified of the doc not letting me have anymore. Its so crap feeling like this, I honestly thought I was alone! But then I found the forum!

hey welcome if your doctor isn't taking you seriously, find another one. this phobia is a form of anxiety disorder, its just not taken seriously all that often :/ many people say anti sickness meds are a bad idea because your not confronting your fears, but i say stuff that, if it helps you function and makes your day a little easier, go for it, i take 1-5 a day depending on how anxious i am

Thanks for replying .
    Yeah I'm almost out so need some more

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Hollin View Post
    Thanks for replying .
    Yeah I'm almost out so need some more
    Hi Sammy, sorry to hear another person with this horrid phobia!

I do agree with finding another doctor. My doctor didn't think much of it either so I saw another one and they refered me to a well being team, and now I'm having exposure therapy. *Gulps*! They're going to keep trying until they've got me better, which is great and all but being exposed to v* is terrifying! I know I'm going to sound crazy and all, but I'd recommend it as well.

What they do is, they start off with the thing that makes you anxious the least. So in my case that would be talking about v*. They're going to keep talking about it to me until I no longer have any anxiety from it, then work our way up to the most fearful thing for me, which is of course, being s*. I have no idea how they're going to get through that with me but I'm going to try my best if it means getting rid of this horrid phobia forever!

By the way, I also failed my exams in school and stuff because I was suffering from this phobia, so I feel your pain!

Welcome to the forum as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Hi Sammy, sorry to hear another person with this horrid phobia!

I do agree with finding another doctor. My doctor didn't think much of it either so I saw another one and they refered me to a well being team, and now I'm having exposure therapy. *Gulps*! They're going to keep trying until they've got me better, which is great and all but being exposed to v* is terrifying! I know I'm going to sound crazy and all, but I'd recommend it as well.

What they do is, they start off with the thing that makes you anxious the least. So in my case that would be talking about v*. They're going to keep talking about it to me until I no longer have any anxiety from it, then work our way up to the most fearful thing for me, which is of course, being s*. I have no idea how they're going to get through that with me but I'm going to try my best if it means getting rid of this horrid phobia forever!

By the way, I also failed my exams in school and stuff because I was suffering from this phobia, so I feel your pain!

Welcome to the forum as well!
    Aw sorry to here about your exams hun, this is over running my life I can't stop thinking about it and being n* and I work myself up into a panic, argh!