Christmas Day, spent with family. Husband's cousin comes in with her three kids--one was sick and clinging to her and so sick he didn't want to open presents. He had a fever and a cough and then told her his tummy hurt. I wanted to get out of there sooooo bad, but she answered him with "You know, I think it's because you were using my Ipad in the backseat" (long car ride!). She gave him cough syrup and like a miracle he was fine 30 mins later (can you imagine, I had to sit there for half an hour across from him, waiting for him to v* from a bug). She said she thought it was just a bad cold as the other two boys seemed to have it prior. Nevertheless, I showered when I got home. I know it's Christmas, but if two of your kids are getting over a bad cold and another has a fever and a bad cold, wtf bring them to extended family? How about staying home with your feverish child instead of lugging them out in the cold?

Fast forward to Thursday. Coworker and I were doing end of the year filing and I grabbed her coffee cup and took a sip by mistake. I didn't swallow it because I tasted the difference (I take it black, she takes it with milk/cream). I went to the next room and spit it in the sink. And then, in a moment of despiration and insanity, I took a swig of rubbing alcohol and rinsed (note: I didn't swallow or gargled it). It was the first time I did that--for those of you that don't know, I work in a medical office and the rubbing alcohol was there, it's not like I carry it around. It goes to show you what lengths people would do to avoid the sv*. If I ended up swallowing the coffee by mistake, I would have probably had to go out at lunch time and do a shot at the bar, thinking the alcohol would kill the sv* in the stomach (although probably not). My coworker wasn't even sick. I feel like I hit a new all-time low with that one.