Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does animal v* bother you?

My bulemic cat woke me up again. It's his favorite way to get me to wake up. Then he wants a treat. Although human v* bothers me a lot, animal v* does not. Usually, I just think "oh gross, not again!" Luckily, I feel this way, because my cat v's for attention. Weird cat. Does anyone else feel this way?

Default Re: Does animal v* bother you?

YES. When I hear my dog coughing, I run out of the room and lock myself in my bedroom. After the job is done, I avoid my dog for the rest of the day. If I ever have to clean it, I don't think what I'm going to do. Probably call my maid and order her to clean it.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not as much...but when you see what about to happen its more of a ewww look away type thing once its on the ground, my mom or dad picked it up, I had to do it a couple times and was grossed out by it! Especially when it used to happen if he ate too fast and the food was still in one piece...blech!

It used to so bad. I remember being with a boyfriend and a group of his friends for a party. The friends cat was about to get a hairball. I was having a meltdown that the cat would be sick and did not want anyone to know I was becoming unhinged. Luckily the cat left a short time later.

When I got my first cat, it took me a long time for me to be able to clean it up. I eventually had to since I loved him and it was only me and him. I got better as time went on. I later got second cat. I think she was bullemic too. She would.....will spare you the graphic story.

Other animals getting sick still bothers me. I hope I have beat this fear, but have not faced it yet. I do admit the last time I went to a zoo, I wondered if any animal had a tummy ache. So far I have only seen zoo animals pee or poop.

My cat does it for attention and usually it's just a lot of noise. When you have long haired cats, hairballs are just part of them. I agree dogs are worse than cats. Cats v all the time from hairballs and are seldom actually sick. Also their diseases seldom pass to people. I once saw a cow v which scared me pretty badly, because cows do not v. I guess growing up on a farm, you get used to anything gross that comes out of an animal. However, most animals seldom v for any reason, so unless you're near the big cats I doubt you'll see any zoo animals v. Also, they have vets on staff monitoring their health constantly. It seems like if an animal is sick, they close the exhibit or remove the animal.

My cats were DSH. Muffy would eat then run around then v.... She was a ball of anxiety a lot. I guess she was not an emet since she v... all the time. HA. I miss her and Mario.

Hairballs sound awful. I love Shrek when Puss in Boots gets a hairball. So cute. One v.. scene that does not bother me. Then we he gives the sad eyes....ah...................

surprisingly on. I think it's gross and all but I know I can't get sick from it.