Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia "Resource"

So, I was reading the facebook emetophobic group when I found the site http://www.emetophobiaresource.org/
    It shows pictures and videos of people throwing up. I'd like to know if any of you have ever tried it, and if I should try it as well. Some of you know me a little, know my fear, so I'd like your opinion.

I don't know if it should be here, but since I don't consider it something helpful, it's here.

Waiting replies!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Emetophobia "Resource"

I was also wondering if this exposure therapy works for people or not. And if it does, is it more beneficial for people who have just the phobia of seeing others v*?

Some get helped by it and some are traumatized by it. I have done some of the ones on emetophobiahelp.org. (It may be the same ones.) I did it the wrong way. I did not do any relaxation or deep breathing when looking at some. Some did not bother me. You are supposed to let it upset and then do some relaxation technique to calm you. There is also a recommended schedule of doing this.

For me, some of the pics gave me confidence. Some were a little rougher.

It depends on where you are in your emet on whether it could help or hurt you. I recommend going to emetophobiahelp.org and reading Sage's advice and instructions before deciding on whether or not you should try it.

I've been on the same website and I think they are really good but you need to go about exposure in the right way and do some relaxation techniques first etc. maybe speak to a CBT therapist first and get some guidance. Good luck x

It helps but you have to be careful and go slowly. You're not suppose to feel very anxious while watching a video, and if you do you're supposed to stop and go back to the less frightening ones until you feel ready to move to the next. If you go too fast it can make the phobia worse. I will be doing this with my therapist soon, and I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date.

Thank you guys. Next week (when therapist comes black from holidays) I'll ask her and maybe we can see something together. Jab, PM me with information about how you feel! I'd love to know how you react to it.

Oh, and Cynna, the site emetophobiahelp.org gave me the link to emetophobiaresource.org I'm sure they are the same images.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.